How does fungus spread?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisole

Reaction score
As the title says, how does fungus spread? I have tried searching on the forum about this but i have not found a topic with all the information needed. I am sure most of us had to deal at some point with a client with nail fungus, and to be honest my training did not make me fully prepared to deal with this because of luck of information.

I know that if I ever treat a finger with fungus i will need to disinfect all the metal tools i might have used, to kill the fungus, and throw away any disposable nail file i might have used. But after these 2 basic things i draw a blank. I have heard that nail polishes will not carry and spread the fungus, but i do not know how true that is, i also want to know about using solar oil, or cuticle remover, will those get contaminated if used on a nail with fungus? Also about pedi baths, obviously i will clean my tub with soap and hot water after a treatment fungus or not, but is that enough? what about towels that i will use to dry off the clients foot or hand? After having treated someone with nail fungus if not using gloves what is the best way to sanitize my hands to not spread the fungus to other people?

So for anyone that wants to share what i think will benefit alot of nail techs especially new ones is a list of all the ways nail fungus could spread to our tools, which tools are safe and how we can prevent that.

Thanks to anyone that will help with this.

Last edited:
Your tub should be cleaned with a hosiptal grade disinfectant, fungus or not.
Whenever I have a new client who's got anything questionable, if I agree to provide a service, for oils and such I use a Dropper.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back