how does profit share work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haydenamzy

Reaction score
Hi all I currently own my own salon, but I am in rented premises, but have just purchased my own salon with a flat above.

I am looking for a nail technician and not sure whether to do self employment or do profit share with them. How much is going rate for both?

If anyone is from Plymouth and needs a job I may be intrested!

thanks

amy

I am self employed in a hair salon and pay £50 per week for the rent of my space.

There was a recent discussion about this and I think the consensus of opinion was a split of between 60 - 70% to the technician if sharing takings.

HTH

Hiya...I'm currently working on a self-employed basis in a salon where I'm paying 40% of my income to the owner - but I definately think that is too much as I also have to use and buy my own products...and because I do beauty treatments as well I have to share the cost of new supplies with the other two therapists - and as I am only there part-time it's a bit unfair....but that's why I'll be leaving soon to open up my own place.

When my salon is up and running I am planning on doing the same thing - get a self-employed technician working with me but I am not going to ask for 40% but more like 30% of her earnings from the salon. I think that fairer....HTH

nails@42ndstreet said:
I am self employed in a hair salon and pay £50 per week for the rent of my space.

cathie, you got a good deal there hun, if only i could just pay £50 a week...lol

i pay my basic rent plus a % of my takings and i have to buy all my products too

Jess
xox

I know I'm quite lucky really, although we're not city centre or high street which I think is reflected in the rent and my prices. We're about 4 miles out of town. If I were based in the city centre I would expect to pay a hell of a lot more!

I also buy all of my own products and equipment.

Take it easy!

Latest posts

Back