How important is it to have a Facebook business page?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5@MB

Reaction score
Hello! I have had loads of clients recently contact me asking for prices, what I offer, etc. they then ask if I have a facebook page, when I say no sorry they suddenly lose interest. I know ppl want to see pics but I'm not sure I want to set up a fb page. I'm a new buisness and maybe it would help but I'm not sure. What does everyone think? X

Well I have a facebook page, only since about 3 months ago, and it is quite fun, gets a bit of general interest and has a fair amount of likes in that time, mostly from people who I knew as clients or friends anyway.

So far I can only attribute 2 appointment as a direct result of my page and I can tell you she was so much trouble she wasn't worth it lol

But obviously that is only my experience! I continue to put pics on though because I'm hoping the "drip drip drip" effect will have an effect at some point!

Facebook is the best free advertising out there! I think this day in age you would be silly not to get one! I take pictures of every set of nails I do
Then upload them on facebook. I get tons of likes and it's a way of people seeing them and thinking ooh I would like my nails like that!
I copy and pasted my fb page on every page I could find! Local uni's, local radio, my friends cake page, my mums wedding page. Don't worry if your not doing many treatments yet I added pics of sienna x tanning I found on google, shellac and took pics of my beauty room. I also put the pics of nails on my personal fb then tag the ladies in them and check it in at bronze and beautyful (my business). Then all of their friends (whether they have 15 or 1500) that's more people seeing it. I may only have 136 likes on my fb but every customer has come through there! I'm a home based part time nail & beauty tec so I need all the help I can get! And without fb it would be impossible xxx

In my opinion, Facebook is essential these days. Of course, you dont have to have one, but today all companies have Facebook. If you dont have facebook- people dont take your business seriously. We can disagree with it but that's a fact
And by the way- you're going to have twice as many clients with facebook help. What stops you having it then??

I am currently getting a new website developed so FB is my only real marketing tool at the moment. I personally love it (but I love FB in general). I can put all offers on there and every Friday I post a 'friday feeling' photo. Which in turn lots of people 'like' then their friends 'like' it and come over to my page.. I find it has helped xx

I've taken the plunge and done it! Thank you for your help. X

I'm designing my FB page as well.

I'm sure if your client that come will want to look into your page and see new pictures & offers.

I have a fb page but its a profile. Meaning people become my friend. I get most of my clients through Facebook and friends of friends. I'm also running a competition where users have to highlight my name meaning a direct link to my page recommending us and winner drawn at random . I personally lie it. But again any problem can escalate as people can write on wall which is public. You can remove this though x

Latest posts

Back