How long did it take you to get busy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine Armani

Reaction score
Hello Salon Geekers!
So, I thought it would be interesting o see how long it took each individual to have consistent business and how long it took to you get busy!
So, three years ago I started a hairdressing apprenticeship (traineeship) it goes for 3years here in Australia. I got through about almost 2 years after I realised I wanted to become a beauty therapist.
So, in about 2weeks i'm starting my beauty therapy course. About a month ago I started my own business from home, atm I do hair extensions I use my second bathroom as I don't haave any space in my home I am moving houses by the end of this year and I am setting up a proper salon from the new home. I have gained many loyal clients but I get about 3 clients a week and I am just wondering how long it takes to become consistent. Here in Melbourne it's very quiet and cold, is that why? we will be going into spring in about 1month nd a half and I am just wondering if its because I'm still new?

didn't want to read and run...

My situation is dofferent to yours...I'm a beauty therapist with over 10 years experience, and have worked in salons and spas. I now have a teaching position, and run a mobile beauty business around this.

I've been operating my mobile business for the past 6 years...and even now I don't earn enough to quit the day job!! It's a great supplement and I would notice a massive difference in my income if I stopped it, but the thought of working purely for myself, although appealing, is also scary. I also have busy weeks, and really quiet weeks, but I can take the rough with the smooth.

I think if you can offer hair as well as beauty, and you have a base from which to operate then things should pick up well for you but don't expect it to happen overnight. And get yourself a good website!

didn't want to read and run...

My situation is dofferent to yours...I'm a beauty therapist with over 10 years experience, and have worked in salons and spas. I now have a teaching position, and run a mobile beauty business around this.

I've been operating my mobile business for the past 6 years...and even now I don't earn enough to quit the day job!! It's a great supplement and I would notice a massive difference in my income if I stopped it, but the thought of working purely for myself, although appealing, is also scary. I also have busy weeks, and really quiet weeks, but I can take the rough with the smooth.

I think if you can offer hair as well as beauty, and you have a base from which to operate then things should pick up well for you but don't expect it to happen overnight. And get yourself a good website!

Thank you so much :)
I will definitely get a website!

Latest posts

Back