How long do hair extensions last?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
Im going to book on a hair extension course so I have been doing my research. what I wanted to know is how long do the extnesions last? on variuos websites it varies from 3 months to about 12 months, but surely they would have to be repositiioned during this time? are they saying that this is how long the hair will last before it looks really bad? From what i have read, once the extnesions have been put in, then about 6-8 weeks you get them to come in for maintenance, replace any bonds, make sure no matting etc. Then after 3 months they should be ready to come out.............or should they? Logic tells me this is when you would offer a reposition appointment? how much would you charge for this? I am guessing this will take double the amount of time it took to put them in? (as you will be removing and replacing). do you find people just get them put in for the 3 months then start again with al new hair?

Iv been told they last around 3 months or longer depending on how well the client looks after the hair and uses the right products. Iv also heard that they should be removed after 3 months and a new set fitted to avoid strain on the hair. I suppose you could re-use the same hair depending on the condition if it x

Also alot of clients want fresh new hair instead of re-using it x

Is there a different type of hair that lasts longer than 3 months then? Will people real pay that much money if hair will only last them 3 months? So what do you advise your clients? That they will have a maintenance appointment then at 3 months remove and renew? Sorry for all the questions i feel all i am missing is a bright light to shine in your eyes lol

All of the things you are asking would be covered in great detail on a good training course.

Whoever you are considering training with give them a call and run any questions by them.

Latest posts

Back