How long do you have to practice a treatment in order to become a trainer in that treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButterflyQ

Reaction score
As it says in the topic! Would also like to know what kind of insurance has to be in place in order to train as well as practice treatments, and if there are certain requirements that have to be met in order to gain such insurance.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks geeks xx

There are different levels of trainer qualifications though. The minimum level only requires you are qualified, others need more experience as part of the coursework. Can you give a bit more info about the situation? Hard to answer otherwise.

Sorry, I was a bit vague! For example, eyelash extensions and microblading. Do you have to have a lot of experience in those treatments in order to teach them too and to get suitable insurance? Xx

You don't have to, but it's a bad idea not be if you don't want a poor reputation. If you are setting up your own training business then you'd only need the level 3 Award in Education and Training, and also tutor insurance in addition to normal treatment insurance. You also many need student insurance, or your students may need to get it themselves depending on your tutor insurance cover. If you plan on working for a college then you'll need whatever they set as the job requirement. Sometimes that's as much as 5 years, sometimes nothing. We've got plenty of terrible courses out there, please be good at what you do :(

It's a good idea to get a level 4 qualification called Cert Ed , this has overtaken what used to be know as PTTLS and CTTLS and you also need an Assessors Award , like gaining TAQA again this has overtaken what used to be known as A1 and A2 xx

Thanks for your advice! I'm not looking to become a trainer myself, it's in reference to someone who is a "trainer" but I'm aware they've hardly any experience. Which worries me. And I'd be amazed if she was insured correctly. For example, it can't be right to train in something for the first time in one day, then a month later class yourself as a trainer for it as well, right? I want to protect the integrity of the industry as much possible, so your advice has helped thank you xx

Thanks for your advice! I'm not looking to become a trainer myself, it's in reference to someone who is a "trainer" but I'm aware they've hardly any experience. Which worries me. And I'd be amazed if she was insured correctly. For example, it can't be right to train in something for the first time in one day, then a month later class yourself as a trainer for it as well, right? I want to protect the integrity of the industry as much possible, so your advice has helped thank you xx

I've come across a few of these myself!
Fast track course, on line PTTLS.....now a trainer........no commercial experience whatsoever.....o_O

Yes that's it exactly, experienced tutors sacked and replaced by someone cheaper who only has a qualification and no experience. And yet people still keep supporting this insane national qualifications model. Beauty isn't engineering or manufacturing, training should go back to how it was in my opinion. :(

I couldn't agree more. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way! Xx

Latest posts

Back