How long does Gelish last?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bohemianivy

Reaction score
HI Everyone, I don't have much experience of using gelish. I have always used opi gel . I love the gelish colours and was wondering how they compare?

I've not tried opi. So can't compare the two.
But my clients go 3 weeks between Gelish manicures. They could probably go longer but obviously I want them to come back for a new set within 3 weeks ;)
You won't be disappointed if you choose to invest :)

I use gelish a good 3 weeks if not more but most of my ladies have returned with in 3 weeks for a fresh set!

Oh thank you. I might invest. Opi are pretty expensive. Would you recommend getting a gelish lamp? Or will any led do?

I would recommend using the complete system. The 18g gelish lamp is amazing , it's expensive but well worth the investment. I love it x

I think OPI and Gelish are a similar price. To change system will be expensive as the Gelish lamp itself is around £200. I'm assuming you're looking to change because you don't think your clients are getting a good run with their polish? It could be the clients themselves not the nail system. All my clients vary on how long they last. For myself, I have one nail that only lasts a week (very annoying) whereas all my others go for much longer!

I use both OPI GelColor and Gelish. Both are great but find that Gelish lasts slightly longer on more clients, the colour range of Gelish is better too. In terms of cost, OPI GelColor is actually cheaper including VAT than Gelish (I get OPI from the OPI UK trade site and Gelish from the UK Nail Harmony site).

Sorry to butt in on the thread but would you ladies say that the Gelish lamp can cure various brands of gel polish?

Sorry to butt in on the thread but would you ladies say that the Gelish lamp can cure various brands of gel polish?
It can you might just need to cure darker colors alittle longer.

No,
You should use the correct led lamp for whichever system you are using.
Otherwise you can't be 100% sure you are getting a proper cure. x

Latest posts

Back