How many bonds or weight for full head of extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy7979

Reaction score
Hi could any extension professionals out there tell me what I should expect from a full head of extensions please.How many bonds ,thickness or weight please.
What's the different between full or 3/4 thank you

Hi could any extension professionals out there tell me what I should expect from a full head of extensions please.How many bonds ,thickness or weight please.

Hi, for example if you are using 1g strands, anything from 150-200g (if over that is needed you would have to charge extra) I would class as a full head on my clients but 150g normally is ok if their hair isn't too thick and short, personally I normally class a half head anything from 50-80g 1g strands and 80-100 1g as 3/4 but its all down to the weight of the hair you use. tbh not many people go for 3/4 its normally half or full and sometimes you won't use all the strands for a full head especially if you are first starting out its all trial and error and you can only get better by experience. good luck xx

If there hair is just a normal thickness and a standard hair cut ( so normal thickness ends not like super thick blunt Cut) I use 150 bonds 0.8 or 1 gram strands.
If there hair is thick or short or blunt cut on the ends I'd use 200- 250 bonds.
I wouldn't use hair strands that are less then 0.8 gram a strand
X

I use up to 100g for half head, 150g for 3/4 and 200g for full, 250g for extra full. I get each bond made to the most suitable weight for each clients hair.

Thanks for all your replies x

Latest posts

Back