How many infills?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flowerfingers

Reaction score
I had my nails done by someone who hadnt been a technician for long and she really messed them up, not just application but my nails were red and there was condensation under the nail, so I went to see a new technician.

I was pleased with the lechat nails she did me and I went back for my infills from her but I started to notice that the belkdning wasnt too good where the infills had been done, I thought fair enough as they were nice and strong and she is a nice lady and I usually have some nail art on them anyway so it doesnt notice too much.

I went back for 2nd infills and its been 3 weeks now and Im due to go back for another infill next week and the nails really dont look very good the sides are lifting ( though that happened last time and she told me that its not lifting unless its at the base of the nail ) and she just filed it down, but its now in the same places.

She has 7 years experience and I feel bad questioning what she has done as I am new toi having extensions.

Im concerned that Im having a 3rd infill, is that normal? They look quite tatty to me and I would have thought by now having had the nails on for 8 weeks it must be time to have them removed and replaced?

Could an experienced nail technician advise me on this?

Have you been doing your after care and looking after them cutical oil, gloves, ect? quite offten not doing theese things is why nails look bad after a cirtian time, your tech shuld be able to tell what your nails will need in the appointment , infills , re balance or some may need soaking off and re doing but unless they are really dammaged i shuld think they would be left on and sorted out. Alos i dont think there is a set amount of times before they shuld be removed and re done i belive as long as the after care is followed and regular up keep appointments met then the nails can stay for as long as they are wanted,
hope this helps, Cx

Clients can continue to have infills/rebalances for as long as the nails still look good....I have clients that have been having infills/rebalances for over 5 years....but if your nails are looking tatty and having them infilled/rebalanced isn't making them right again then they should be removed and re-done from scratch.

When someone has lifting the lifting HAS to be completely removed otherwise it will just get worse....once its lifted the adhesion has been broken and that wont be put right by slapping more product over the top....it has to be removed.

I would discuss your concerns with her...you are the one paying for them...and if your not happy with your purchase then you should let her know....as you would any purchase.

Clients can continue to have infills/rebalances for as long as the nails still look good....I have clients that have been having infills/rebalances for over 5 years.
Im a new nail tech and only have a few sets under my belt, but I was just wondering, is this with sculpted nails tha tyou have clients who keep having infills?

I dont sculpt, I just use gel with tips (and I am learning acrylic ) and so far I have removed 1 set and replaced and that was after 2 infills as her nails gre pretty quickly and the tips were nolonger on her nail bed they had grown out - are you not meant to remove at that point? Otherise it is nolonger and extension but an overlay?

Im a new nail tech and only have a few sets under my belt, but I was just wondering, is this with sculpted nails tha tyou have clients who keep having infills?

I dont sculpt, I just use gel with tips (and I am learning acrylic ) and so far I have removed 1 set and replaced and that was after 2 infills as her nails gre pretty quickly and the tips were nolonger on her nail bed they had grown out - are you not meant to remove at that point? Otherise it is nolonger and extension but an overlay?

An overlay is an overlay whether it is over tips or the natural nail...... All a tip does is provide length to a short nail, if a client has longer nails you can overlay that. There is no need to remove and re-tip unless there is a problem with the nail or the client sepcifically asks you to (I have a couple of those!)

Hth's

Yvette's right....A tip is just there to give length and stop your product falling on the floor...:lol:....as the natural nail grows and the client keeps having infills...you remove a little length (hence the tip)...and on and on and on...untill all the tip has grown off and you are left with a NNO (natural nail overlay)

It makes NO difference whether you sculpt, tip or NNO...they can all be infilled for as long as the nail continues to look good....remember that the product you applied in January...will have grown off my say April....so its not like they have years worth of old product on there nails...you are continually topping up with new product and filing off the old product as you reduce the length.. HTH

Clients can continue to have infills/rebalances for as long as the nails still look good....I have clients that have been having infills/rebalances for over 5 years.

i think you might be referring to a white tip where your smile line is growing out. this is when you need to perform a backfill. you thin the tip and sculpt a new white free edge with white powder or gel, moving the smile line and apex back to the appropriate place. and yes, eventually this will turn into a natural nail overlay. if your client doesnt prefer a nno, you can thin the entire enhancement as you would for a backfill and then file off the entire length of the free edge, apply a form and sculpt a new free edge. this needs to be done continually, its something you shouldve learned in basic training. if you didnt learn this you definitely need more training before you start applying enhancements to real people. not to be harsh, just trying to help:) hth
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back