How many sets in a gel polish bottle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iheartlineart

Reaction score
Hi all, I hope you are well.

I’m looking at buying into a new gel polish system and am currently considering:

Ikon.IQ prima
The GelBottle gel polish
INK London - probably the iLac but maybe also the xLac (although I’m worried it won’t last as long, since it’s an all-in-1, as clients expect a gel mani to last these days — any experience or advice on this point would be hugely appreciated!)

Can anyone tell me how many sets I can expect to get out of a bottle? Trying to calculate my costs per treatment and this would be super helpful. TGB size says 110 sets from one bottle of colour, but I’m 1) not sure how accurate this is; 2) not sure how that compares to others.

Any brands I might of missed you would recommend old be appreciated too!
Thanks lots and happy sunday
Grace

We measured (using scientific scales) that there were 116 services from a PRIMA colour, 15ml size. As only one coat is needed, it also saves time.

But it depends how thickly the NT applies the colour, so a precise number is not realistically possible.

Also, bear in mind that the Base and Top have different viscosities and therefore more or less will be used.

We estimate the cost of materials, which includes dehydrator, bonder/primer and gel polish to be around £1 to £1.20.

TBH, with our salons we never focused too much on the cost of materials. Instead we targeted the type of clients we wanted to attact who were willing to pay more for the quality and benefits we provide. An additional £5 to £20 per service, depending on service type, is more important to the bottom line.

Latest posts

Back