How much discount for MAC pro

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathill

Reaction score
Well i received my mac pro discount card last week of which i was quite pleased about. So today me, husband and 2 very bored kids trotted off all the way to Liverpool so i could stock up my makeup box. I spent over £300 in the store.
When i got home after a very stressful time I've noticed they only gave me 25% discount i was under the impression makeup artists received 30% discount. Also they gave me 2 of the same thing so now i have to trouble myself posting it back and waiting for the right product to arrive
Anyhow what I'm trying to say is does anyone know if that's right MAKEUP ARTISTS GET 30% DISCOUNT NOT 25%?:rolleyes::zzz::mad:

Im not a member of Mac pro myself but i didlook into it before it was 30-40% have you checked on the mac pro website should be on there???
xxxx:)xxxx

Hi Pm'd you. Its 40%. xxx

I thought it was 40% too.

I haven't applied for mine yet, it's on my to do list, but i'm not sure what evidence they require. A friend thinks they need proof of profesional bookings, not just qualifications, even having worked on professional photo shoots that have been published in the media.

if someone could clear that up for me I'd be so grateful

I have VCTC L2 cert in cosmetic make up and VCTC L2 BT9 make up as part of my NVQ2 beauty therapy.

Thanks

Rebecca

40% for makeup artists
30% for Beauty Therapists

PROFESSIONAL IDENTIFICATION
A copy of photo identification and two pieces of professional criteria must be included with the application and membership fee.
Examples of professional identification:
Composite Card, Business Card with name and specific profession, Editorial Page with name credit, Union Card, Head Shot & CV, Professional Licence,
Diploma/Certificate, Publication Masthead, Programme/Press Materials w/name, Contract on production company leterhead, Crew/Call list on prod. co. leterhead,
Professional leter of reference of employment.
Required identification must be current, indicate your name and specific profession.
photocopies are acceptable as all identification will be destroyed after processing and will not be returned to you.

hdr_macpro_mbrshp_enrolmnt.gif

Makeup professionals are the "art and soul" of M·A·C. They are the history and heritage of the M·A·C Culture. The M·A·C PRO Membership Program was created in recognition of this unique relationship. The program provides a forum for professional support, special pro-only benefits and discounts. It is your link to the global artist community. Makeup artists and other creative talent who use make-up as a primary part of their work are eligible for the program.
spacer.gif
To enroll, simply fill out the M·A·C PRO Membership application, provide proper professional documentation and a copy of photo identification with your annual membership fee ($35US/$45CDN). You can drop everything off at any M·A·C store for forwarding or send it directly to the processing department at M·A·C PRO MEMBERSHIP, PO Box 435, 3219 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3S1.
spacer.gif
Within a few weeks you will receive your card and you may begin using your membership benefits. Providing you with the products, information and service you need is our ongoing commitment. Membership duration is one year. For membership enrollment questions: 877-553-5536 or 905-940-2437. Applications are also available at your nearest M·A·C store.
spacer.gif
Rules to apply in countries outside of the U.S. and Canada may vary. International members should contact a local M·A·C store for further details.

hdr_application_northamerica.gif

For applicants in the United States and Canada, please download the application below:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
hdr_application_unitedkingdom.gif

For applicants in the United Kingdom, please download the application below:
spacer.gif

To shop: sign in!
M·A·C PRO Membership required.

Well i phoned MAC today because i only sent off my makeup certificate they only gave me 25% discount she said alot of people studied makeup as part of the beauty course but dont work as a makeup artist so to get 35% you need send in proof of professional work. :rolleyes:

Well i phoned MAC today because i only sent off my makeup certificate they only gave me 25% discount she said alot of people studied makeup as part of the beauty course but dont work as a makeup artist so to get 35% you need send in proof of professional work. :rolleyes:

So why don't they clarify that in thier requirements?

Did they say what kind of evidence of professional work they need? It's not as if many us can prove that kind of work is it?

suckage :(

Rebecca

Last edited:
Yeah 25% is for make-up students. Professional material is your business card stating your a make up artist, or a letter of a photographer/TV company to confirm you are an artist.

xxx

Can anyone please tell me if these discounts are applicable for purchasing products over the counter eg. John Lewis, or is it only on line direct from MAC?

no you can only use it in MAC stores so liverpool is the nearest to me theres birmingham and london. ive posted off some more evidence so i'll let you know what happens!!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back