How much do you charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinkerbell_Eve

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've just received an enquiry for Shellac on hands and toes.

I've never done hands and toes at the same appointment before so never though of doing a discount if having both together.

I just wondered what you all charge and if you offer a discount for having both done at the same appt.

TIA xx

My prices are £20 for a mani or pedi and £35 for both, so £5.

I'm mobile so, if two separate clients, that £5 would cover my petrol between one client to another and time setting up and packing away etc. I thought it was a fair amount and enough off to keep the client happy with the discount.

Hello all,

I've just received an enquiry for Shellac on hands and toes.

I've never done hands and toes at the same appointment before so never though of doing a discount if having both together.

I just wondered what you all charge and if you offer a discount for having both done at the same appt.

TIA xx

Since you are referring to the CND brand, I'll state what I would charge for my gel paints, $15 extra on top of any service.

If this were my client, they' would likely either be a mani/pedi combo ($40) or an acrylic/gel/pedi combo. A pedi alone is $25 and depending on the other two, anywhere from $25-$40 for a full set.

So, knowing this, It would be $15 on top of either of those services.

I currently charge my clients £15 for hands or feet as that's the going rate in my area so thought I could charge £25 if having hands and feet together, but my husband thinks I shouldn't offer discounts so I'm confused about what I should do.

All my husband thinks about is money and profit margins.

I currently charge my clients £15 for hands or feet as that's the going rate in my area so thought I could charge £25 if having hands and feet together, but my husband thinks I shouldn't offer discounts so I'm confused about what I should do.

You don't have to go to £25, it's what you want to do really. How about £28? That way the client is happy they're getting a little discount, you're not losing out on a big chunk and, also (sneaky, I know) the client is more likely to say "keep the change"... They won't all do it, but some might :)

You are not alone with the husband issue. But, you have to charge what is going in your area. I know for me, it was difficult to justify certain things to clients because my area is saturated with "salons of dubious existence". This means many clients don't want to know or don't care to know the difference, all they care about is "salon x charges me for this (whether actually get this or not) so why are you charging me more?"

I'm not up on the currency exchange difference, but I know those dubious salons only charge like $20 for a pedicure. So it is difficult to compete with, for sure.

Im mobile too. I charge £28 for standard CND Shellac mani & £35 for a standard CND Shellac pedi. Together I charge £55 :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back