How much to charge for colour remover?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
I have a client who has black hair and wants to go 2 shades lighter, I'm not sure how much to charge for this, she has long hair and I only charge £28 for a full head colour. I will have to buy 2 colour removers and it will take me abit of time to do. What price do you think is fair? X

For a colour correction service, I would charge by the hour. Colour correction is never a cheap service because it takes a long time and is unpredictable.

It all depends on the products your using and the time it takes.
Remember skill and expertise have to be taken into account when pricing it up. I have no set price for colour corrections, its all on a per client basis.
Your going to have to factor everything and bring up a relevant price for it.

I am not sure how long it will take as she has a few colours going through it, she is naturally a 5(few white hairs) with two inch re growth then has a colour band of a very warm 6 and then a dark 5/4 on the ends. She wants to be around a base 7 x

What colour remover will you be using hun? Eraser is good, and they are 100ml, which the instructions state is enough for 2 applications. You'll probably be surprised by how good a result it gives :)

The only one I have ever used is the goldwell one but I am willing to try another brand x

I'm not very confident with colour corrections so will have to really think hard about what I'm gonna do lol x

To be fair hun, because your target is only a 7, i'd do a cleanse or 2, neutralise any warmth on the lengths and ends, and colour match the roots. Thats just personally what i'd do though, other geeks may do something different. HTH xxxx

If you aren't confident then I wouldn't do it. Could you not go on a colour correction course? Did you cover color correction in your training?

Would you do a cleanse with bleach shampoo and water? She doesn't really want any bleach on her hair x

If you aren't confident then I wouldn't do it. Could you not go on a colour correction course? Did you cover color correction in your training?

Yeah I did correction when I trained and quite a few at my last salon. I understand how to neutralise colours etc i just don't do them often x

I'm not being harsh but you said in the first post that her hair is black then you said it was between a 6 and a 4...there's a big difference between a 2 and a 4 and a massive difference to a 6. Has she been home colouring?

Would you do a cleanse with bleach shampoo and water? She doesn't really want any bleach on her hair x

With all that she's got going on with her hair, I don't think she has much choice!! Clients don't dictate what products we use, they only dictate what final result they want to see.
I would charge around £150 for this process.

I'd use eraser, great product, just make sure you strand/ incompatibility test first :) I charge around £30-£40 just for an application of colour remover then colours/ toners on top x

With all that she's got going on with her hair, I don't think she has much choice!! Clients don't dictate what products we use, they only dictate what final result they want to see.
I would charge around £150 for this process.

Agreed. If she's worried, explain to her that its diluted. Lightener - don't say bleach :), Water, low strength peroxide and shampoo. Dependant on your colour brand, I'd lookup what their recommended method of this is. I can give you TIGI's, but im sure someone else would be able to give you the rest. Or search Bleach Bath on the forums, there was a big thread a while ago xxxxx

I'm not being harsh but you said in the first post that her hair is black then you said it was between a 6 and a 4...there's a big difference between a 2 and a 4 and a massive difference to a 6. Has she been home colouring?

I meant that its quite black on the ends x

Yes she has been home colouring her hair x

I'd use eraser, great product, just make sure you strand/ incompatibility test first :) I charge around £30-£40 just for an application of colour remover then colours/ toners on top x

Where do you get yours from hun? I was trying to find a link to a wholesalers but realised all of mine dont stock it!

Hi I'm in salon and we charge £20-£30 per cleanse generally. Obviously there are expectations like when you may just be removing slight build up or tone but you have to take into account product cost and timing.

Also explain the process as a 'cleanse' avoid words like bleach bath-it scares people :-0 say your using a soft pre lightener as again people freak at the word bleach. Be strong and assure her she is in competent hands.

If it isn't a service your comfortable performing then your within your right to say no.

Colour correction can be tricky but just take a step back an review what you have learnt previously. Sometimes writing downte steps and outcomes makes it easier so you dot over complicate and this may help with working out a price.

Where do you get yours from hun? I was trying to find a link to a wholesalers but realised all of mine dont stock it!

I get mine from hair ways, which is based in Essex ( Colchester & Basildon stores ). x

Latest posts

Back