How much to charge for colour remover?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hoping that I will just need to remove the build up on the ends of her hair and then apply a semi colour . I have told her that we cannot choose a colour off of the chart as we will have to see what results we get from the remover. She isn't expecting a specific colour so that gives me options x

Where do you get yours from hun? I was trying to find a link to a wholesalers but realised all of mine dont stock it!

All wholesalers now stock colour remover.

Hi I'm in salon and we charge £20-£30 per cleanse generally. Obviously there are expectations like when you may just be removing slight build up or tone but you have to take into account product cost and timing.

Also explain the process as a 'cleanse' avoid words like bleach bath-it scares people :-0 say your using a soft pre lightener as again people freak at the word bleach. Be strong and assure her she is in competent hands.

If it isn't a service your comfortable performing then your within your right to say no.

Colour correction can be tricky but just take a step back an review what you have learnt previously. Sometimes writing downte steps and outcomes makes it easier so you dot over complicate and this may help with working out a price.
when you say you charge £20-£30 per cleanse do you then charge extra for tint, cut and finish and do some clients therefore require 2 or 3 cleanses, just curious.. the last correction we had in the shop we ended up charging £150 by the time the required colour had been achieved
it is very hard to give a price for colour correction I find until you have started to strip the colour out and can see what you are dealing with, its interesting to see how others work out a costing for it

I use Affinage Eraser.. so gentle on the hair :)

Ok I'm a bit confused on what colours your lifting from. On the icc what colour is the client? Including tones.

when you say you charge £20-£30 per cleanse do you then charge extra for tint, cut and finish and do some clients therefore require 2 or 3 cleanses, just curious.. the last correction we had in the shop we ended up charging £150 by the time the required colour had been achieved
it is very hard to give a price for colour correction I find until you have started to strip the colour out and can see what you are dealing with, its interesting to see how others work out a costing for it

Yes it would be broken down. A full colour from £41 Tint & foils from £67.

Pre pigging usually £15. As above prices for cleansing.

Cut and blowdry would be charged separate as our stylist and technicians work independently.

I'm in the middle level of our 3 technicical levels- so a colour change with my is usaully around £70 ( if going from light to dark) but £100+ usaully if we're going from dark to light- dark to red. With a technical director most clients pay £130+

I would generally say to a client it will be between two amounts allowing myself a good £30 leeway. Always book them in for consultations to give them realistic expectation from the start, so that they can understand the basics of the process and that they may be in the salon for a considerable amount of time! X

Thanks Jazmine :)

We have agreed to keep her hair dark, thank god! Lol x

Latest posts

Back