How much to charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maria1705

Reaction score
Hi,

I am due to start my own business offering massage, facials etc from my spare room. I havel decorated the treatment room really lovely and am excited to start soon. However I was wondering if I could ask for opinions about pricing. As I will be working from home should I charge less for treatments or similar to local salons? I don't want to low so people may suspect I am not very professional but going in high might deter new clients ..... Any advice is much appreciated . Thanks

When I started. I priced really low and can't safely say out of the 30 or so people I had in the first few weeks. I barley got a rebooking- nothing to do with quality But people just wanted a cheap introductory offer. Then go back to there usual salon of choice.

Since then I have priced my home salon as mode price in the area and have had a much better clientele with rebooking. Slightly cheaper than the local salon's. But not much. 10-20% cheaper depending on the service

Never stop advertising and try work out how much you want to make per hour.

The first year is always slow. But roll on years 2 and 3 and it will get alot better.

When I started. I priced really low and can't safely say out of the 30 or so people I had in the first few weeks. I barley got a rebooking- nothing to do with quality But people just wanted a cheap introductory offer. Then go back to there usual salon of choice.

Since then I have priced my home salon as mode price in the area and have had a much better clientele with rebooking. Slightly cheaper than the local salon's. But not much. 10-20% cheaper depending on the service

Never stop advertising and try work out how much you want to make per hour.

The first year is always slow. But roll on years 2 and 3 and it will get alot better.
Thank you, I agree I think if you price to low people may just take advantage. I think I'm going to use flyers, Facebook, gumtree and set up a website. Also advertise in local shops windows etc. Is there anything else you could suggest?

Thanks

You could offer a client referral scheme. If my clients refer a friend they get 25% off their next treatment over £20 (once that friend has been and paid). New clients also get 20% off their 1st treatment and to encourage them back, 10% off their second. Or how about a loyalty card? And do it on a spend amount rather than how many visits had. For example for every £5 spend they get a point and when they have 20 points they get ex amount off their next treatment or a free something?

Really good advice . Like the idea of loyalty cards.

Thanks x

Latest posts

Back