How strong is Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayleighs_nails

Reaction score
Hi

I currently use OPI's GelColor and a number of my clients can't wear this because it's not strong enough and chips or lifts after a day or two (other clients get 2-3 weeks) and I was wondering how strong Gelish is as I really like their colours but it needs to be stronger than OPI GelColor

Thanks

I'd also like to know this, currently using shellac but some clients it just does not last on while others get weeks out of it.

I'm using Gelish, and some lift over night. I don't get it when on others it doesn't!

From personal experience I don't rate gelcolor at all, I found gelish and geleration last much longer and no shaking required x

Gelish is my favourite. X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

One question have u been on a course for opi gel nails? If not then that could be your answer. I went on the course few weeks ago and learned so much from prepping the nails, to making sure you only use opi products from start to finish without mixing the products with different brands. Also you must shake your gel bottles for a full 60secs before even applying on the nails. And you have to also use the opi led lamp. If any of these things you are doing and not using the correct products in the right order then this is the reason y they can be lifting. Since doing the course my nails have lasted a full 3 weeks with no lifting or chipping. This wouldn't of been the case if I hadn't of known all the steps of applying opi and attending te course

I use gelish and love it, the colours are amazing & my clients nails are always still perfect when they come for their next appointment.
It is strong on its own but you can also use structure gel for the clients that need a bit if extra strength x

I used shellac and don't know wat was wrong but yes I had lifting.... Changed to gelish and I can get up to 3 weeks love it

Cute kitten - yes I am qualified in all the OPI products and have a pro shaker, the product just doesn't seem to last on ALL clients, it is only a problem for a small minority of my clients so want to be able to find something for those clients

I used to use opi gel at a salon i worked at my clients would get 10 days max before a chip or peel I now use gelish and they all last at least 2-3 weeks! I believe gelish is simply a stronger gel xxx

Latest posts

Back