How to achieve this look?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctonra

Reaction score
Beautiful work by Celina - either I get to swirly or too muddy with these Light Elegance gels.....any help appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-03-11-01-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-03-11-01-10.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 722
Bumping this back up....anyone have suggestion or knows video tutorial?

I have seen marbling on istagram . And they had tutorial on there as well . It was done with nail brushes. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1417943876.497871.jpg

This is a tricky one as it's an effect of marble stone rather than the polish marble effect we're used to seeing.

Assuming you're using a gel polish (any brand will be the same technique for this), I would do one or two coats of base colour to get a solid background then before you cure your last cost of colour, say black, use a very tiny dotting tool or pin to randomly place small dots of white, then drag with a teeny brush to create the fade effect. Might take a bit of trial and error.

I came across a lady saying she did this like u said... 2 coats black let's say cueed, then a 3rd thin thin thin coat of black, before curing small thin streaks of white and then with a gel brush dab into the sides of the white & sort of lift off the white - like a stipple motion- 1st try not too bad... but there's a quick chance of mudding the color's. . . Going to try the 3rd coat as a clear instead. . . . .

I know this can be done in acrylic but I'm not sure about gel, or if it's even possible easily enough with out been really skilled at nail art. The first pic is defiantly acrylic, not sure about the second, the photos tiny
X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418252392.059705.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418252402.593838.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418252412.845249.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418252422.411715.jpg
Found the video on Instagram . You can watch it. She used the top coat to blend the lines / colours .

Excellent ***THANKS***

PS: the 1st picture (my original post the black & white nails) are gel- they are Light Elegance and the gal who's nails they are is Celina Ryden...she's awesome.
Thank you EVERYONE much much appreciated ! ! !

Latest posts

Back