How to attract guinea pigs to perfect acrylic application?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanda-43

Reaction score
Hello ladies

I need to brush up my technique of application and finishing as well as practicing encapsulating glitter and nail art.
I have advertised locally with gumtree etc with a £10 fee.
Should i offer free if they travel to me(home salon) just to get them in
?

Hello ladies

I need to brush up my technique of application and finishing as well as practicing encapsulating glitter and nail art.
I have advertised locally with gumtree etc with a £10 fee.
Should i offer free if they travel to me(home salon) just to get them in
?
Firstly I love the title of this post, secondly, that does seem a little low at £10, and I would not offer a bunch free services at all because you are going to be loosing money as you are using products. I would advertise on Social media and locally, and perhapsoffer a discount for these applications as you are wanting to test out new services.

Offering free services not only looses you money but can also create an issue later if you want to start charging, those people will almost expect free services. Xx

PS I was taking this in the context of practicing new services on a number of people, friends and family and the one off makes sense. But I find when people find things for free here they take advantage, perhaps different over there ;)

Last edited:
I've always offered free treatments when practicing a new technique. I offer to family and friends first as they don't mind the slightly longer appointment times. Then if family and friends are busy I put a post on Salon Guinea Pig and on Facebook. I never use Gumtree, well I did once and was unlucky as the model was a freebie and offer hunter and wanted huge discounts on her next appointment and for her friends! Apart from my gumtree model all other models have been wonderful and rebooked at the full price and also recommended to their friends and family so even though their 1st treatment was free I got a regular client and lots of new paying clients from that one free treatment!

I do try to word it more along the lines that models are required while I build a photo portfolio. That tends to be noticed more as they know you are taking photos for everyone to see and they trust that the treatment will be good.

Xx

I advertise a lot on facebook , normally on local buy/sell groups and i state why its so cheap and if they want to rebook it is at full price or i let them know the prices will be going up .

The only time i will advertise for free is if i have a certain design that i want to do for my portfolio . It can be hard trying to find someone who is willing to let me to bright designs lol. most of my clients just want a standard polish.... . i do let them know in the post that its free because they will not be picking the design or shape . But again , i tell them before the appointment that if they want to rebook for infills , they need to pay for any future apps. :)

Latest posts

Back