How to get my towels fluffy again?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxiwoo

Reaction score
I work from home and bought new fluffy towels about 5 months ago but they've started going hard from all the oil transferred into them whilst massaging. I wash them on 60 degrees with conditioner then tumble. A friend recommended putting tennis balls in the tumble with them but that hasn't worked. I can't afford to keep buying new towels every 4-5 months but I equally want my customers to feel they are lying on a fluffy cloud [emoji23]

Haha - I'm exactly the same as you about towels having to be fluffy! I was told to never use fabric conditioner with them as it makes them lose their fluffiness in the end. Also, apparently the best thing to use is powder as the gels etc cans sometimes leave a residue on the thing you're washing. I just wash mine with ariel powder (I have white towels so I use the normal powder with bleach in it) at 60 degrees and then tumble dry (again, without anything like a Bounce sheet).

I reckon wash them at a high temperature without any fabric conditioner a couple of times to get the conditioner out?

I use Bold for my towels and then tumble dry. Seems to keep them fluffy!

Never use fabric conditioner. It's hideous stuff.

Hot wash and tumble dry. But I don't always do them on 60, I often do 40 x

Also, I find the washing powder from Lidl (Formil) is really good stuff and so much cheaper than the branded powders. Aldi's own band (Almat) is fab too and regularly is Which magazine and Good Housekeeping mag Best Buys.

They also make a liquid detergent but I find all liquid detergents clog the washing machine so I've not used them on my latest machine and the detergent drawer is staying clean.

Thanks for all your comments - I'll give it a go [emoji3][emoji106]

Quick tumble dry for 10 mins when nearly dry usually softens the towels. I hate hard towels so always do this and it works. X

Latest posts

Back