Help, is my course accredited or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovehair88

Reaction score
Hi, I recently did a hair extension course. The course was done in May, and I was told it was an AGT accredited course and i would be qualified in 4 methods of extensions. Since completing the course I have been messed about when it comes to getting my certificate.

It‘s taken 7 months of keep messaging to find out where it is just to be told its been sent recorded delivery 4 times and she doesn't know why I’m not recieving it. The woman I booked the course with then said she would hand post it to make sure I receive it but again it didn’t arrive. When I contacted her about it, I realised she had hand posted it to my old address even though I told her I’d moved. A friend who did the course with me on the same day said she has not received her certificate either and isn't even getting a reply after messaging to find out where her certificate is. It seems strange we both live at separate addresses and the recorded delivery/hand posted certificates that have apparently been posted out 4 times are not getting to either of us. I have moved so that could have been a genuine mistake but my friend hasn't and she isn't getting hers either. Anyway after complaining about all this again, she sent a digital copy of both certificates by email and i have been told i can pick the original copies she printed off up from her after I asked too becuase it seems she can‘t get them to us.

I am not happy after seeing the digital copies of the certificates, as I can see they’re just laminated pieces of paper and my one had my name spelt wrong and certificate of competition instead of certificate of completion written on it. It also only had 3 methods i passed on it instead of the 4 I paid for. After I complained again, she said she will re do them. I then get a picture of the new certificates and my one still has certificate of competition instead of certificate of completion written on it. It’s a small typing error but surely a professional certificate should be spelt/written correctly. All other mistakes on it were fixed.

The reason I’m posting is because it doesn't look profesional at all, and I want to find out how I can check that it is? As I was told I was doing an acredited course and the certificate had a AGT acredited logo on it, but I feel so messed about especiallly after having to keep asking her to change the certificate becuase it wasnt correct. Also the fact it‘s taken this long to actually see one, but only over email is just a joke.

Before all of this my friend and I were not happy with the course we paid £250 each for. We were meant to get two full days training and only got two half days as the first day she had to leave us to tend to something so we were told we would would have a two hour lunch (which ended up being longer) and the second she left after lunch as she said she had shown us everything. I thought two full days training would be 9-5 or around that sort of time. The training was done at my home as tge trainer suggested it as it worked out easier for us which we were gratful for but we still expected to have the full training time that we paid for.

We were also meant to do an online barbicide course but the link we were sent never worked so that was left and we never ended up doing that part of the course. Also the kit we had was presented to us in plastic envelopes too and I just wasn't happy with it.

I would really appriciate any info on how i can find out if this course is acredited and if im actaully now qualified to do hair extensions Il be gutted if i paid that money for nothing. As I’m a hairdresser and I’ve been wanting to be able to do eann extension course for ages to add to what I already know.

This isn‘t just some random stranger I booked a course with, I have met her before as she has done my hair extensions in the past so I trusted to do a course with her. Not sure if I can can actually post this here but thought I would see if anyone could help.

Also sorry for the long post and bad spelling!

Last edited:
Who or what is AGT?
You should have checked what body is providing the course accreditation and check their credentials.
Then if they are legitimate, you check if the course you want to do is accredited by them.

Never take anything online at face value. Always do a thorough search before parting with a penny.

As a qualified hairdresser, you can attend Habia approved courses. They won’t approve courses that are open to non hairdressers because they care about professionalism in training.

I’d be looking at suing for breach of contract and finding another course provider who is properly accredited.

There are loads of cowboys out there who teach hair courses. Unfortunately it’s us who pay the prices. Before considering any course, check out the governing body who ‘accredited’ the company directly.

Latest posts

Back