how to go mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariaaland

Reaction score
good day all, hope everyone is fine. i need some assistance in how to properly go mobile. do you need to bring a table with you and your chair? or do you make do with whatthe client has. is it okay to use the clients tables and stools? also do you charge for your gas to get there and also do you charge for the convenience of you goingto them. isnt it weird to use their electricity and their water and then charge them for it. i am sorry i am kinda soft when it comes to chagring for services i always feel bad when i have to tell them the cost so most times i usually end up taking off something off the price (even though i charge less than other persons do) how do i toughen up and charge what i am worth? thanks for your help as usual

have a good day

ariaaland said:
good day all, hope everyone is fine. i need some assistance in how to properly go mobile. do you need to bring a table with you and your chair? or do you make do with whatthe client has. is it okay to use the clients tables and stools? also do you charge for your gas to get there and also do you charge for the convenience of you goingto them. isnt it weird to use their electricity and their water and then charge them for it. i am sorry i am kinda soft when it comes to chagring for services i always feel bad when i have to tell them the cost so most times i usually end up taking off something off the price (even though i charge less than other persons do) how do i toughen up and charge what i am worth? thanks for your help as usual

have a good day

I don't know cos I am much the same, I'll watch this with interest.

Love

I don't charge them for anything except for the treatment.

I take a couch if it is a massage, a table if it is a manicure (fold away one).

I use clients towels and if they don't have room for a table I make sure I take a plastic cover and ensure that the clients table is well and truly covered.

My prices are on a par as the salons around me but they have overheads I have time and petrol.

Hope I've helped x

Sarah

Also make sure you are insured.... this is a must.

angelxdevil said:
Also make sure you are insured.... this is a must.

sound silly but why do i have to be insured . and against what? in jamaica nail techs are not insured at least none that i know of. in different countries regulations are different, thats why i ask. also how do you move around witha couch? must be quite cumbersome or is it a special couch. the client is fine with you using their towels? i would not do that it would not feel right it would be them paying me to give them work to do (ie washing dirty towels) i think we should take our own towels, i was only curious about bigger items like tables and chairs. smaller items like towels and such was a moot point for me
thanks though for your input:smack:

I take all my own equipment with me. i ahve a little three drawer unit that fits all my stuff in and it has a padded seat and a slot on manicure table top.

you ahve to ahve insurance in case you damamge a persons property or cause thema ny harm when doing their treatment or they can sue you.

HTH

scattyfox said:
I take all my own equipment with me. i ahve a little three drawer unit that fits all my stuff in and it has a padded seat and a slot on manicure table top.

you ahve to ahve insurance in case you damamge a persons property or cause thema ny harm when doing their treatment or they can sue you.

HTH

oh i see... thanks for info

Latest posts

Back