How to infill colour acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsbyneon_

Reaction score
Hi I'm quite new to doing acrylic nails.
I used to use gels, but am now trying to use colour acrylic.
1:Do you have to put a thin layer or clear before using a colour powder?

2: how would you infill black acrylic powder to red acrylic powder?

I found trying to remove the colour powders. Very difficult.

My customer had black and green nails (powder) and wanted red.
I tried Infilling with clear and then going in with the red but the black was coming through.
Thank you in Advance!

Super thin clear layer before colour work, file back to clear base. Price accordingly, a complete change of colour is not an infill/rebalance, it's entirely a new set so charge accordingly. Time and products are not free.

Super thin clear layer before colour work, file back to clear base. Price accordingly, a complete change of colour is not an infill/rebalance, it's entirely a new set so charge accordingly. Time and products are not free.
Hi Trinity,
Thanks for your reply.
So this may sound silly but what would you call an infill then?
Would an infill be with the same colour, they already had?
While on the topic is an infill with clear and colour change with gel polish an infill?
🤦🏾‍♀️So much to understand

Hi Trinity,
Thanks for your reply.
So this may sound silly but what would you call an infill then?
Would an infill be with the same colour, they already had?
While on the topic is an infill with clear and colour change with gel polish an infill?
🤦🏾‍♀️So much to understand

Technically an in-fill is 'filling in' the gap at the cuticle, which would obviously be in the same colour (pink/clear/whatever used) but it's become slang for a return visit and become an incorrect term. This is where you need to educate your clients and charge accordingly. Filling in the growth gap is quick, simple and doesn't require much product so is therefore a cheaper option on your price list. A full set of new colours, art, etc. is virtually a new set, including filing off previous products, so should be charged as a new set.

I would class an infill and new gel polish as an 'infill' - buffing off the colour is only a few minutes compared to buffing off ombres/colour blocking, etc.

Work smarter, not harder - if there's more work and time involved make sure you charge for it.

Consider:-
buff off of gel colour, infill and repolish = 1 hour = £25
Buff off existing acrylic set, rebalance with new ombre/blocking/whatever = 2 hours = why are you working 2 hours for the same money as a 1 hour appointment????

Technically an in-fill is 'filling in' the gap at the cuticle, which would obviously be in the same colour (pink/clear/whatever used) but it's become slang for a return visit and become an incorrect term. This is where you need to educate your clients and charge accordingly. Filling in the growth gap is quick, simple and doesn't require much product so is therefore a cheaper option on your price list. A full set of new colours, art, etc. is virtually a new set, including filing off previous products, so should be charged as a new set.

I would class an infill and new gel polish as an 'infill' - buffing off the colour is only a few minutes compared to buffing off ombres/colour blocking, etc.

Work smarter, not harder - if there's more work and time involved make sure you charge for it.

Consider:-
buff off of gel colour, infill and repolish = 1 hour = £25
Buff off existing acrylic set, rebalance with new ombre/blocking/whatever = 2 hours = why are you working 2 hours for the same money as a 1 hour appointment????
Hi Trinity,
Thank you so much for giving me an in depth answer to my question.

Latest posts

Back