How to massage a gentleman with Priapism

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodyandmind

Reaction score
I thought I would ask on here as I'm really stuck on how to move forward with this.

I am a massage therapist, sports and holistic.

Anyway, I have a potential client come to me who is suffering with Priapism, which is prolonged and painful erections

'The area' needs massaging twice a week which obviously is good money for me, but I really don't have a clue how to go about it. I obviously won't be massaging his penis but does anyone else who is a massage therapist and know what I should be dealing with?

Surely this is a condition that is dealt with by medical professionals...

If you google the condition, it is a medical emergency! If this is a genuine question, I suggest you ask the gentleman in question for a doctors letter as the condition is linked to other medical issues.

I've heard of something like this and didn't know it's name. I would consult with the doctor on how to treat as well as a doctors note for your files.

I think he is having you on...
if it was a medical condition I am pretty sure the doctor would REFER him to a trained medical professional to carry out the necessary treatments if this is indeed the case.

Lol, surely this isn't serious, you can't be that gullible [emoji23]

In fairness...I'm not saying this is not a real issue....BUT....What I am saying is if it were, would you not seek the help of a medically trained practitioner.

There is only one way I can think of to 'reduce' his problem....and I would NOT be happy to oblige.:p

It can be linked to spinal injury I wouldn't do it. He should be referred by a doctor.

Definitely a medical issue and I don't feel you should be put in the position of dealing with it.

I did a quick google and it seems currently massage is not recommended as a treatment and in fact could make it worse by encouraging even more blood cells into the area which cannot leave. That could be a good way out for you. Is it his own idea to get the area massaged?

Is it 1st April already?. You send people with medical conditions to a doctor. How in the name of baby Jesus is a massage going to help this situation!? If you go ahead with this you're going to end up with a handful of something you didn't want. He's asking you for hand relief, couched around the lie that "oooh, my willy is poorly!," You are putting yourself in the path of sexual asault, I've heard all sorts of **** from men with various "afflictions." RUN.

[asterisks]

Last edited by a moderator:
As the OP hasn't returned to this thread since posting, and there is lots of helpful advice and suggestions, I'll close it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back