How to recreate this exact style of hair wave?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle Wild

Reaction score
Hi guys/gals,

Let me start off by prefacing I am not a salon professional. If I shouldn't be posting in this section (or forum) please let me know.

I recently got hair extensions to help with very fine hair after 12 years of debating and I absolutely love them! However, there is one hair style my local hair salons can't mimic and was hoping some of you wouldn't mind sharing some of your wisdom. I've included a photo that showcases this style and what about this style I find to be different than everything else I've seen, tried, and experimented with.

I like these waves, because:

- The size of hair being curled seems to be bigger or the waves seem to be more chunky and less 'piecey' (especially front shot)
- The curls are not ringlets or spirals and they appear to give more of an 's' type pattern than being 3D (the curls lie flat against the head making a wave pattern)
- Every wave is consistent and blends with the next
- Finally, there are only ~3 maybe for curls in each piece, but each curl appears to be relatively deep (especially front shot).
- The texture is exactly what I love, but I'm more baffled by the waves

Most importantly thank you for any thoughts or feedback. I wasn't sure who else to ask and appreciate your time!

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 3.20.20 PM.jpg
September 1 last night.png

Latest posts

Back