how to rent out a room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charisma

Reaction score
hi ive just recently opened up my own hair salon and now want to take some-one on as a beauty theropist. i want to do it as "rent a room" so that they are self employed. the problem is i am not sure how you go about charging them.

some on told me that you charge a small rent for the room,, plus a percentage of what they take, and in return you supply all the stuff they need. but then some one else told me that you charge a higher rent and that they supply themselves with anything that they need.
im really confussed and dont no who to ask.

if there is any one out there who has rented a room or has any information about the way to go about it, i would be very grateful if you could let me no.
thank-you:rolleyes:

personally i would just charge a rent this way you are not dependant on them having clients you know what your gonna get each month you don't want to make it too complicated hun xxx:green:xxx

hope this helps xx

Charge either flat rates OR commison % - I wouldnt pay someone twice! Also remember that if you supply the products you may well be ordering stock from CND, ezflow, phd, elemis etc - pricey (great products) your therapist might not be very happy with salon systems! I agree with scratchers dont over complicate it, and best of luck xxx

If you supply the products then technically speaking according to the Inland Revenue rules you are employing them and need to pay their tax, abide my employee contract laws, holiday pay etc, etc.

Be very careful how you go about your contract with renting the room out and make sure you look at the Inland Revenue guidelines.

HTH

Im presently rentin a room as a beauty therapist and get charged a daily rate as only work p/t but ive provided my own stuff and wot I make is mine there is no % taken from hairdressers.
:)

Latest posts

Back