How to repair Shellac nails at home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harbat

Reaction score
Please can you advise me? I have weak, bendy nails and my Shellac tends to chip after around 5 days on 2, 3 or 4 nails. I am going to persist with them though and am using my Solar Oil 2x a day. I get them re-applied every 2 weeks.

I have bought some CND Shellac, base and top coat and have an old Rio light - only 9 watts. Do you think it is feasible to try to do the repairs at home? I don't know what the timings would be - I would have to guess. Can you overdo shellac nails? Any advice would be great.

Hi there,

That's too bad that your nails aren't very strong. Be patient with them, and they will get better. Sometimes weak nails are indicative of underlying medical issues, so perhaps talking to your doctor would be a good idea. Ask if he can recommend any supplements like amino acids.

Consumers who purchase Shellac are usually buying stolen products. No distributor of CND sells to the public. It is a procedure you need to be trained in, and you will run into a myriad of problems, namely without the exact lamp, it will not cure.

Hope this helps dear.

oh dear .. never mind .. might try anyway. I'm hoping that now I'm using solar oil they will eventually become stronger and last for two weeks.

Latest posts

Back