How to start in nail industry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley92

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm just looking for some advice on the best way to get trained in nails. I have found a few nail technician diplomas, one at the beauty academy in the U.K. I want to train in all aspects, so wondered would it be better to complete something like this or to do separate courses and build up qualifications with a brand such as CND? I'm living in Dublin at the moment but I'm originally from London, I could study in either country so I'm just looking for professional opinions on the best way to get started.
Sorry, I hope this makes sense.
Thanks in advance x

I'm thinking about doing the same and put up a similar post earlier so am interested in your replies, I've had none yet.

Oh really?! I'll have to find your post and keep an eye incase you get any replies. I wanted professional opinions because it's like a mine field with all the different courses out there!

I started with a college course which wasn't great but it lasted a while so we had plenty time to practice. I learned luxury manicure, pedicure, gel polish and acrylic tip and overlay. I've done a couple of other short courses with Nsi Scotland since then and have more planned.
You'll get different brands/courses recommended on here as we all have our personal preferences. I wouldn't recommend a very short course or an online course for L+P or gel enhancements as they need lots of practice and an educator in hand to help you.
I found decided in which brand to invest in very stressful. I researched over and over again but I still try other products and brands now but go back to my favourites.
Good luck!

If you are interested in training in a soak off gel system, Calgel may be of interest to you.
I'd be more than happy to send you over some details on our training courses if you would like?
:)

I started with a college course which wasn't great but it lasted a while so we had plenty time to practice. I learned luxury manicure, pedicure, gel polish and acrylic tip and overlay. I've done a couple of other short courses with Nsi Scotland since then and have more planned.
You'll get different brands/courses recommended on here as we all have our personal preferences. I wouldn't recommend a very short course or an online course for L+P or gel enhancements as they need lots of practice and an educator in hand to help you.
I found decided in which brand to invest in very stressful. I researched over and over again but I still try other products and brands now but go back to my favourites.
Good luck!
thankyou for your advice, there are so many courses out there it is so hard to decide where to start. There are courses that state they are nail technician diplomas but I didn't know if there were certain qualifications/companies that were more recognised than others x

If you are interested in training in a soak off gel system, Calgel may be of interest to you.
I'd be more than happy to send you over some details on our training courses if you would like?
yes, I would be greatful if you could send me some info on your courses :)

Fab, my email address is [email protected] so if you want to drop me an email I will send you over the details!

And me please

Hi Alison would it be possible to send me some infomation about calgel courses please?

Yes sure! Whats your email address? x

Hiya, I've just joined essential nails. They offer all sorts. They've got a great offer at the mo. A career package for only 699 you do it at home at your own pace. So you could be qualified in 3 months :) have a look I can't wait to get started. Essential nails are highly recommended. Good luck x

Latest posts

Back