How to stay safe on salon geek! FAQ

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sian H

Reaction score
Was just thinking about the sorts of questions that newbies ask which sometimes results in them having the life frightened out of them by other geeks! I myself asked a lot of these questions when I first started and I now look back and laugh / cringe!
So newbie geeks- before asking questions on the following, please use the search option first to search for similar already answered threads!

Feel free to add any fellow geeks :)

Which is the best gel/polish/acrylic?
Can I use X base and top coat with Y colour coat?
Can I use my .... Lamp with this system?
Then there's the B word, I'm not going to say it! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I'm sitting in my salon, feet up, looking out of the window. How do I get customers?

I've bought a salon but I can't find the front door - what do I do now?

Should I still be on £2.68 an hour at 35?

I've just lowered my prices to £3.50 for a two hour massage but I'm the most expensive around my area - Should I reduce them further?

Can I cure gel nails under a light bulb?

Does anyone know what my name is?

Folks - please take the above with the sarcasm and humour that was intended. I think you all understand what I am saying reading between the lines.... there seems to be 'profecinal' and 'Professional' .......:lol:

I'm sitting in my salon, feet up, looking out of the window. How do I get customers?

I've bought a salon but I can't find the front door - what do I do now?

Should I still be on £2.68 an hour at 35?

I've just lowered my prices to £3.50 for a two hour massage but I'm the most expensive around my area - Should I reduce them further?

Can I cure gel nails under a light bulb?

Does anyone know what my name is?

Folks - please take the above with the sarcasm it was meant. I think you all understand what I am saying reading between the lines.... there seems to be 'profecinal' and 'Professional' .......:lol:

:lol: :cool:

We all started out as newbies and I for one did not know my way around the search button or even posting a thread and was very fortunate to have had great advice over the years from geeks on here!

Some new geeks get pounced on straight away and it must be very intimidating... Yes at times people do ask questions that others may find silly or unnecessary but I think it's easier just to ignore and read the other threads rather than making a negative comment. I have sometimes searched through older threads and posted the link and told the person how to use the search facility....

I have seen some horrible posts towards newbies and I don't think that's always necessary... It's better to say nothing at all!

Jack

We all started out as newbies and I for one did not know my way around the search button or even posting a thread and was very fortunate to have had great advice over the years from geeks on here!

Some new geeks get pounced on straight away and it must be very intimidating... Yes at times people do ask questions that others may find silly or unnecessary but I think it's easier just to ignore and read the other threads rather than making a negative comment. I have sometimes searched through older threads and posted the link and told the person how to use the search facility....

I have seen some horrible posts towards newbies and I don't think that's always necessary... It's better to say nothing at all!

Jack

Jack - What do you class as professional? surely a degree of intelligence and business acumen is required to boast a successful salon or any business. Surely you didn't build your business by asking some of the questions that you see on this site. I understand your post fully - but I will question the level of professionalism that is seen here by posters. I don't know how many time the likes of the professionals that give advise can repeat themselves in one day and I don't believe it is down to "I don't know how to find the search button" .....look for it! ...But hey that is my opinion - :lol:

I offer advice on here to some, and some I don't -

And lets be brutally honest here, it's usually me that is getting attacked so it leaves the others alone. I know for sure I am not the only one who thinks this ...but probably am the only one to say it for fear of recourse.... I have elephant skin you know!

Last edited:
Whilst I can see it from all sides, when you are new, it takes less time to post a new thread than it does to search. The last thing we want is to become a search engine.

Rather than pointing the finger at the newbies, I think some of the more established members need to look at some of their replies.

As has been already said, if you feel you cant answer a question in a constructive manner, then dont answer it.

Whilst I can see it from all sides, when you are new, it takes less time to post a new thread than it does to search. The last thing we want is to become a search engine.

Rather than pointing the finger at the newbies, I think some of the more established members need to look at some of their replies.

As has been already said, if you feel you cant answer a question in a constructive manner, then dont answer it.

Yes Naturalnails I understand, so are we now to see hundreds of threads with no replies? You can't do right for doing wrong here. What is classed a constructive to some is sometimes classed as rude to others. What is humerous to some isn't to others. what is a valid point to some others roll their eyes at. Unless you point blank come out with "Are you really that thick" a few times and suffer a ban, you probably have to post your replies the same way as you play a game of Russian roulette....You'll never please all of the people all of the time. This is why we have you guys as mods I suppose. :biggrin:

Oh my god! Close it now before it starts an argument! I intended it as a bit of fun! :/

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back