How would I do these on acrylic nails please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetie_pie

Reaction score
How would I do these on acrylic nails? Can I do it with normal varnish or would gelish be better to use? Xx

Attachments

• 1403779146816.jpg
    1403779146816.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 712
I would think you could do it with either, although I would tend to use gel polish to get a smoother result.

I would say use a gel polish and start heavily with the glitter at the tip an gentle blend it downwards to get the graduate look x

Thank you, she wants it in coral but I don't have a coral gelish as I'm just starting out... will have to pop to Sallys and hope they have some in, too late to order :/

I've had a practice with a few colours I have, what do you think? They look a bit sloppy to me :/

Attachments

• 1403814629079.jpg
    1403814629079.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 478
They don't look too bad. If you look at the 1st pic you posted, none of the nails/glitter are identical. I think the secret is to use a glitter that is a very close match to the colour you are using. HTH

Top coat after the glitter cleanse buff lightly then top coat again they'll be nice an smooth 😊

Well she changed her mind last minute and decided to have acrylic glitter tips with a gradient fade with full glitter on the ring fingers. I've done glitter tips before but not the gradient bit, they aren't perfect but don't look as bad as I was expecting lol

Attachments

• 1404981345147.jpg
    1404981345147.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 231
Didn't really know how to do it either of I'm honest, I just did the glitter tips as usual then mixed the glitter in the acrylic powder and brushed it down the nail, had to do this repeatedly though as it didn't show too well to begin with, then I encapsulated them with acrylic x

There are plenty of gradients on Youtube, that should help you with technique :cool:

I looked on you tube but couldn't really find any that involved acrylic, most was hard gel or gel, the only acrylic videos I could find was people who wasn't so good at it :/

Love those, so pretty!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back