How would I market Shellac alongside Bio Sculpture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovin it

Reaction score
As the title says really.... Bio tech for the last 6 yrs, thinking of adding shellac to my services as quite a lot of phone calls asking for it. I've done the training and I'm about to take the plunge but my question is how would I market it alongside bio sculpture Hope that makes sense!! Lol
I think what I'm trying to say is I want it to attract new clients not just get my current clients using shellac instead of bio!

For all you ladies who don't like or can't wear gel we have the perfect solution! A power polish by CND! Shellac Nails on like polish wears like gel off in minutes? No damage to the natural nail plate & has a mirror shine finish! What more could a woman want!
That's how we did it x

Shellac -
Cheaper than a bio overlay - for those who don't need that extra strength

Good for already healthy / strong nails

Different range of colours

Quicker removal & application times.

Bio -
Perfect for clients needing a custom treatment

Adds extra strength for weak nails

Lasts longer than shellac (generally)

Suited to more nail types

I use gelish and bio but these are the points I say to my clients. Obv ultimately it's down to them which they have but I always advise. If there nails are week I can say 'you may get 10-14 days from a gel polish (in my case gelish) but you will get a longer wear time from bio gel, so it is worth the extra money'

Laura xx

Thanks girls that makes sense x

I use bio, shellac, gelish and OPI gel color. We group them all under a service called "gel manicure". We have swatches of all colors and then offer color swatches based on what the clients needs are. Basically, we advertise that we carry all these brands but then make our professional recommendation on which product they "need". Some clients will ask for shellac when really their nails or lifestyle call for bio. I've also found that many salons call all of their gel polishes shellac. We spend a lot of time explaining to guests that shellac is only 1 brand of gel polish. I'm wondering if these calls are from clients that are just referring to all gel polish as shellac. Just a thought! We see it all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use bio, shellac, gelish and OPI gel color. We group them all under a service called "gel manicure". We have swatches of all colors and then offer color swatches based on what the clients needs are. Basically, we advertise that we carry all these brands but then make our professional recommendation on which product they "need". Some clients will ask for shellac when really their nails or lifestyle call for bio. I've also found that many salons call all of their gel polishes shellac. We spend a lot of time explaining to guests that shellac is only 1 brand of gel polish. I'm wondering if these calls are from clients that are just referring to all gel polish as shellac. Just a thought! We see it all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We get this too, and usually once it's been explained they say they didn't realise. They think Shellac literally means gel polish.

I still get people coming on now, who had their nails done with me, asking for a redo of shellac. I keep telling them I don't really use shellac (I have about 8 colours) I use gelish.
And even some who had shellac previously and switched to gelish don't realise. Most are really good though cause I won't let it drop haha

Laura xx

As the title says really.... Bio tech for the last 6 yrs, thinking of adding shellac to my services as quite a lot of phone calls asking for it. I've done the training and I'm about to take the plunge but my question is how would I market it alongside bio sculpture Hope that makes sense!! Lol
I think what I'm trying to say is I want it to attract new clients not just get my current clients using shellac instead of bio!

Lovin it... Bio Sculpture is a soak-off traditional gel. Some have discussed it adding strength but like most products - it gives the 'feeling' of added strength but it does not change the structure of the natural nail (nothing does apart from IBX). CND Shellac also adds the 'feeling' of strength. CND Shellac goes on like Polish, Wears like Gel and comes off in 8 minutes (Really) when you use CND Shellac Nourishing Remover. There is a totally different PEP process and the huge positives to CND Shellac is NO buffing of the natural nail prior to application and no soak off process in bowls of acetone. We WRAP off which is way kinder to the natural nail and a more enjoyable experience for your customer.

You mustn't think of them as the same product, you must understand the difference and then advise your customers accordingly - recommend the right system for them based on their needs. If you haven't taken a class - take one - it's a day and so worth while - hope all this helps :hug:

Thankyou everyone for your very helpful comments x

Latest posts

Back