How Would You Feel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellbert

Reaction score
I run a Salon within a Hotel complex for just under a year now. When I was negotiating the deal I was asked how to pay the rent whether I invoice them ( Hotel) or them me. I take a percentage of my earnings to give them as rent. I've been fighting for the past 3 months to change the current method of payment (I invoice them) which is by cheque if I'm lucky, to get it the next Tuesday. It takes 4 days to clear and I have bills to pay and girls wages to sort and feel this is an unacceptable amount of time that I should be waiting. Most of the time, I'm running round after staff to get paperwork agreed so the totals tally and then I'm able to get my cheque. So I've requested that I have a pdq machine ( I'm fully aware of the costs as Its from another salon that I am closing) so all the payments are at my end and then I pay the Hotel my share. I just want to be a bit more independant. I feel I have a right to as it is my business, with my stock and my employees, but the Hotel want to have control of the finances. I now get £850 by standing order put into my account each Monday and the difference , if I make does not get given to me till the end of the month? Which is just a complete waste of time as by this point they could owe me about £600 ! Thats if I'm having a good month, if not, I pay them back the difference.
I'm just gettin very despondant with all this and want to know other people's opinion. They already hold onto any gift voucher purchases for the Salon until they are redeemed :cry:!

Thanks for your time.
xx

This is very tricky! I have my own salon now but used to work in a hotel salon and the girl I worked for had these same problems, she arranged a meeting with the manager, to no avail and basically said to them in the end 'You might aswell have full control over the salon and pay me a wage'................in the end she moved a couple of mins down the road to her own premises and all the clients came with her.
Sory hun not much advice to give you just that I hope you get it sorted out, whichever way is best suited to you, and not them!
x

Hi Lou
Thanks for the reply at least!!
I've no-one directly to speak to apart from the Club Manager who can only pass om my concerns.
I have to speak to the Owners secretary who is based in Spain so can only e-mail which isnt the best way of getting my point across so I'll see what kind of reply I get!
Thanks
xx

Latest posts

Back