How would you proceed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkthistle

Reaction score
Currently jumping through hoops again with the council for licensing. So it's a few hundred £'s for 3 years permission...notice has to be displayed in the window for a period of time for objections to be raised and announced in the local papers and council website. It appears that I may be the only salon in the town licensed. The council said to apply for a freedom of information search to tell me for sure...it's only £10.

So do I ...wait until environmental turn up again with new "recommendations" and ask if the others have been told the same armed with the knowledge they're not even on his books.
Or do I just laminate and frame my license and insurance and hang in a prominent place and suck it up even though others around are blatantly advertising treatments requiring licensing.

Or do clients even care?

My main advice on threads like this is always:
Don't worry yourself about what others are doing, worry about what you do. Make sure your doing your best, to be the best you can be.

What does it mean for YOU if you don't do it? Will your insurance be valid? Will you get caught & penalised by anyone for not having the licenses required?

What does it mean to YOU if you DO, do it? Will it make you stand out? Will it ensure your insurance IS valid? Will it mean you can report others so they get caught & penalised?

Think about what it means to you and weigh up the pro's & con's & make your decision based on what's best for you.

Personally I'd want to ensure I was fully covered and my insurance couldn't use anything against me to not pay out should something go wrong & I'd not want to be worrying that I may get caught not having something I know I should have.

Don't worry about other people, you'll eat into your time and get stressed out.

Just concentrate on your business.

Latest posts

Back