I am opening my own salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcuts

Reaction score
Hi everyone. After many years of running salons and working alone mobile I am now opening my own place. Small but perfectly formed as they say. It is a gifthorse that I cannot look in its mouth - a friend buying a large premises and me renting the room basically.
Now then, does anyone on here have any salon furniture they are looking to sell? I need 2 washbasins and 3 workstations, chairs and thats about it as I have everything else pretty much but cant justify buying brand new.
Thanks everyone and hope you are all doing well for 2010.

i got second hand furniture from a stie called salon-tec. Google it, I got backwashes that are rrp £1200 for £300 each. Dont think everything is on the website so give the guy a call :) xx

hi kimi thank you but i cant find it i can only find beauty_tec?

Last edited:
If you don't already have a washing machine and tumble dryer for the salon you should check out www.easydry.co.uk - they sell disposable towels and shoulder capes for salons. They could save you a lot of money - especially if you're just starting out. And if the new place is small as you say - it could save you a lot of space - I couldn't believe how much space I had without the machines and all my cotton towels.

You should check out some previous posts on marketing - a lot of geeks came up with cheap / free marketing and advertising ideas. Well worth checking through.

Best of luck with the new place.

Ebay sell alot of good conditioned salon furniture.

:)

thanks everyone for your advice and help much appreciated. next question and ill put a new thread up - how easy to get an apprentice - is there a board i go to and do i pay their college fees of the scheme?

The Guild has loads of 2nd hand equipment at very good prices.HTH x

i've got loads of stuff from ebay really good and great finds! also look in the back of the professional beauty mags, etc as they have adverts for furniture or salon clearance!

Just had to pop over from Nail world ;) and say GRATS!!! :hug:

i just been to ikea, got a new nail desk, reception desk, 2 chairs and a lamp for £180. result. x

Once the salon is all gleaming and ready to go, i don't need to remind you that you will need to organise insurance for the business. Am i right on thinking that you are renting a room that is self contained (own lockable entrance and is directly accessible) within the building? If not, you may have conditions applying in respect of theft cover.

Let me know if i can help.

Gary - Just Hair Insurance
www.just-hair-insurance.co.uk

Latest posts

Back