I need some help on wax pots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robynx

Reaction score
Hello :)
I just want to start off by giving you some basic background so that whomever reads this will understand my naivety...
I am a 21 year old student at college studying Level 2 Beauty Therapy so I am very new to everything going on in the beauty industry so please be gentle :sad: I am hoping to get some advice on which wax pot I should be looking at buying.
Do I go for a 500cc or a 1000cc? I really do not know the difference but im guessing it has something to do with the kind of wax im planning on using...
I am only really looking for a "starter" pot (if you know what I mean) as it is only going to be used to practice at home to boost my accuracy/technique.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

Hi,

The only difference is the size, not what wax you use.
id go for the 1000cc ... It will last you a very long time without having to change it later on ...

Xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Oh! I was getting in such a flap about what one to buy because of the different cc :o
Thank you for your help :)

The other factors to consider is whether to go for digital or not as the digital ones give you a biter temp control I feel.

I have 2 of the Australian bodycare digital one as it is 1000cc and you can change the inner pots but also it holds the tubes for waxing too.

I use one for warm and one for hot wax.

Look through the search area first as there are loads of threads on this, quite a lot of recommendation for hive wax heaters too.

The other factors to consider is whether to go for digital or not as the digital ones give you a biter temp control I feel.

I have 2 of the Australian bodycare digital one as it is 1000cc and you can change the inner pots but also it holds the tubes for waxing too.

I use one for warm and one for hot wax.

Look through the search area first as there are loads of threads on this, quite a lot of recommendation for hive wax heaters too.

Thank you.
I have only just joined the site so am still learning the ropes haha but thank you for your advice :)

Hello :)
I just want to start off by giving you some basic background so that whomever reads this will understand my naivety...
I am a 21 year old student at college studying Level 2 Beauty Therapy so I am very new to everything going on in the beauty industry so please be gentle :sad: I am hoping to get some advice on which wax pot I should be looking at buying.
Do I go for a 500cc or a 1000cc? I really do not know the difference but im guessing it has something to do with the kind of wax im planning on using...
I am only really looking for a "starter" pot (if you know what I mean) as it is only going to be used to practice at home to boost my accuracy/technique.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

I have a manual double wax pot and I love it. It has a control dial for each side but apart from that it's basic but effective. When it dies I shall be sad and will no doubt struggle to find a suitable replacement :-/ I agree with Sanilulu and would suggest to go with a decent size that will see you for some time x

I am currently looking at a set.
Deo wax pot (1000cc), pre-wax gel (250ml), after-wax lotion (250ml), equipment Cleaner (250ml), wooden spatulas (100), paper strips (100), soft honey wax (425g) and a holdall for £63.99
Should I go for it?

Sounds good ... Have a good look around also see if they have a vat free day too as you'd prob need to add this to the price... Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Thank you so much for all your help, i feel like such a newbie haha

As it's the Pro beauty weekend you may find that a lot of the main companies often offer an online offer during this period so take a look at beauty express , hive and the others to see what they might be offering in terms of vat free or starter kits. If you are it able to get to the show have a look online and see what's on offer!
Good luck

Hi. You will also need to decide if you are going to do just warm wax or hot as well. Obviously if you are doing both you will need a double heater. Hth x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Buy two digital 1000cc heaters or a double which usually has a 1000cc and a 500cc.

Latest posts

Back