I still really new at nails,.,,

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesbica

Reaction score
i have just finished part of my cert 2 in nails in australia, but i am still taking a whole 3 HOURS to do a full set and even longer if i am doing refills(perm french) ... it is getting so frustrating because i want to do a good job but i also want to get it down to a normal time... can u guys tell me how long you take and how long you have been doing nails for?? am i the only one that takes this long :(

also i am having real problems with lifting near the cuticle area even after a day of them being on people... i take the shine on the nail, appy primer, let dry and then appy acrylic.... how rough are the nails suppose to be before you prime????? also i do NOT flood the cuticle area
n e help is greatly appreciated guys :o)
Jess

geeg would be better to advice you on this she is great talking through prep and product application to prevent touching the cuticle area and sidewalls.
if you look at the tutorials that gmg has posted on perfect prep, after reading your problems to me its sounds like you are not preping peoperly follow his tutorial it will help you 120%
focus on your prep first this at the moment is more important than your timing
click on forums then tutorials :D

Hi Jess, I have been qualified for a couple of years but not really done that many nails since then as i never felt confident in rebalancing, only really trying to get back into it now. it takes me between 2 - 2 and a half hours for a full set, but that is not blending the tips and cheating using white tips with a raised fin to get a perfect smile line! cant say about rebalance cos i still havent done one!! :cry: my guinea pig is coming back in a couple of weeks and i will hopefully get to try on her then!

I really wouldnt let your times worry you - just concentrate on doing the best set of nails you can and the speed will come with practice.

as for the lifting......are you removing all the non living tissue from that area? and if so are you then removing the cuticle remover afterwards? im sure you'll get loads more suggestions from the other more experienced geeks on here.

hth x

Latest posts

Back