I want to know....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheer Beauty

Reaction score
Hi Girl (and guys),

I am in the process of developing a marketing system for salon owners to help them with everything. I want to have writen flyers and advertising and planning marketing worked out for salon owners so they can take and use immediately.

I myself have a salon in Sydney, Austalia and have had it for 6 years.
In the process i did a marketing and law degree but i really love the beauty industry. AND i want to help salon owners to make the whole marketing process easier.

SO PLEASE HELP ME!

write down for me your most wanted to know questions about your salon marketing?

Give me suggestions on what areas i should cover in this manual/system?

And tell me what would make it easier for all you to do the marketing: is it a done for you system? having a coach? or having personal contact?

Tell me everything!

Thanks Heaps and I really appreciate the help :green:

Theres already about 30 systems for sale on the market. If you get hold of them they should cover everything you need to know.

I offer telemarketing to help salons understand where to get new clients and they get a manual, and ongoing support from me too for £99 for life!

Its not as cheap as say a book for compared to some systems of £3000+ its great value.

There isnt much money in it though unless like some companies such as worldwide salon marketing and magnetic salons are con artists.

Kate

I find the concepts of marketing fascinating and would love to learn more.
1 I found out that advertising in local papers doesnt work, so what does, and why?
2 I have tried send a friend schemes with varying levels of success. what works?
3 how do i get a website and online shop to the top of the listings?
4 why are sometimes the mediocre hairdressers/ therapists far more successfull than the truly superb ones?
I could go on and on
pm me if you want a long and rambling list of questions!

I can tell you all that in a 1 hour call hun!!!

Thanks guys. You have been very helpful.

Has anyone tried Worldwide salon marketing and Magnetic marketing stuff? can you tell me whether the stuff works?

I know worldwide salon marketing has emotional direct response marketing, how do you feel about this type of marketing?

keep the questions coming....

personally World wide marketing is a complete rip off and so for that matter is magnetic salons. Both sell you information that is easily found for FREE on the internet. WWM just give you a flashy folder and some crappy letters to copy that no professional establishment should use for £310 a month! There isnt even a conversion rate from AUS dollars to pounds which in theory makes it cheaper.

£3600 a year to read stuff you all already know ~ I would rather spend that money on training/products and direct marketing.

Kate

Hi Girl (and guys),

I am in the process of developing a marketing system for salon owners to help them with everything. I want to have writen flyers and advertising and planning marketing worked out for salon owners so they can take and use immediately.

I myself have a salon in Sydney, Austalia and have had it for 6 years.
In the process i did a marketing and law degree but i really love the beauty industry. AND i want to help salon owners to make the whole marketing process easier.

SO PLEASE HELP ME!

write down for me your most wanted to know questions about your salon marketing?

Give me suggestions on what areas i should cover in this manual/system?

And tell me what would make it easier for all you to do the marketing: is it a done for you system? having a coach? or having personal contact?

Tell me everything!

Thanks Heaps and I really appreciate the help :green:

I think a section on how to use e-mail marketing & social media would be very helpful. A lot of these strategies can be done at no cost (except for your time) or very inexpensively. Also, you don't have to be a web programmer - if you can send an e-mail and type, you have the computer skills necessary to market online.

As already mentioned you will find that there are several companies out there offering something similar to what you are proposing.

I first got involved with WSM about 3 1/2 years ago when their prices weren't as much as they are now, but then again I didn't get the coaching calls with my package so horses for courses as they say.

All I can say is positive things about their way of marketing. Yes, it takes some getting used to but as most people on here who have tried advertising & say it doesn't work are perhaps doing it the wrong way. It's not the advert (ie leaflets) that is wrong, it's the message on the advert.

With WSM, once you've paid your initial amount for the toolkit it's not as much as quoted for the monthly fee to be a member but you will find that most marketing companies charge around £200-300 per month for marketing & business advice. Cardell Media - leading edge marketing resources to grow your business and increase your profits is one such company, as is Results Corporation | Get Better Marketing Results | Marketing Ideas | Marketing Consultants or there is this Aussie company Crocodile Marketing Membership

The fees for WSM might initially seem steep but if you follow the strategies they recommend then you should be getting far more than this back in increased business. What I really like is having all the sales letters pre-written for you which just need tweaking to suit your own offer. Some of THE best spas & salons in Australia & NZ use WSM so they can't be all that bad!

I'm not on their coaching programme but am sure that this can only enhance what is provided in relation to the sales letters etc. It's no good having all these tools at your disposal if you're not going to apply them.

I'm sure that many others would like the letters to be pre-done for them. It's all very well having somebody tell you what to do over the phone but some of us just aren't very articulate when it comes to letter writing or sales letter so to have it done already by professional copywriters is just great.

I've also been involved with magnetic salons & again found some real gems of ideas there. I subscribed for a few months then had no problems whatsoever when I wanted to cancel my subscription. (i only cancelled this one cos I had too many subs on the go)

As to the question about whether this direct response marketing works - hell yeah!! Well it does for me anyway.

the salon doctor ( us ) have been salon marketing for many many years and we have every trick in the book when it comes to marketing, it is not easy for an individual to offer marketing services to salons unless they have been tried tested and proven. even the concept of , sending out written communication has very poor feedback, because every day they have a company sending them out stuff telling them they have the best thing since sliced bread etc etc.

a salons best way of marketing is to have a combination of tools and facilities and skill to be able to conduct a cost effective marketing strategy involving, staff, web, internet, written word and lots of other factors have to be considered.

also, a salon must first know what they are looking to achieve with their marketing portfolio, many salon just " want new clients " but what we find is its best to first of all know what your existing clients situations is before you start to get new ones !

we say this day in day out, each client of a salon knows a friend or colleague who goes to a different salon, do you get my drift here, so where do you think the best source of new clients is ? yep, right under our noses ! and it costs peanuts to implement if done correctly !

hi , just looking at some of your questions here, i could answer them all no probs but with regard to the one about , how do you get your website and shop at the top of the listings, i assume you mean from a random google search? if so it involves a thing called " seo " which is search engine optimisation, this is not an easy thing to do , of you type in to your search bar " hairdressers east kilbride " you will see that my salon is on google page one usually at the top and another 4 times !

its all about the code in your site, many so called website developers know squat about seo ! and the same the other way around, you have to deal with guys who are experts at both ! only then will you see some real results heh heh.

also, a salon must first know what they are looking to achieve with their marketing portfolio, many salon just " want new clients " but what we find is its best to first of all know what your existing clients situations is before you start to get new ones !

we say this day in day out, each client of a salon knows a friend or colleague who goes to a different salon, do you get my drift here, so where do you think the best source of new clients is ? yep, right under our noses ! and it costs peanuts to implement if done correctly !

There are letters pertaining to this in my marketing toolkits which work very well. A good feature to have in any marketing system.

This is what we do most of in the salon but as with anything, like salondoctor says, it has to be done correctly, with the results measured each time you communicate with your clients.

We recently sent out a letter to some potential clients who had never been to the salon before. Our results? 100% response rate :) in that all clients came into the salon as a result of this letter & subsequently 60% re-booked. This just cost the price of the mailings. But, the initial letter was a tweaked one from my toolkits. How can anything that brings in great results be a con?

Sarah hun , what marketing tool kit are you actualy using at te moment?

Latest posts

Back