I want to say hello....and I have had a bad day!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzilla

Reaction score
Hiya, I am new on here.
I am not a new nail tech but just returning to the business after a few years off due to divorce. Coming back to the business is hard and having a few problems with clients knocking my confidance so thought i would come on here and say hi and cheer myself up! :biggrin:

Hello my lovely.

Jacqui xx

Hi there nailzilla sorry to hear about your bad day :( x

Yeah feel rubbish, have had a customer who only had a polish today and the whole lot slide straight off her nail when she went in bath a few hours later. It was only a shape and polish, and I removed her cuticle and dehydrated her nail bed and yet it all came off.:Scared:
This was after a few days before a client reported a lifting problem but didnt want me to fix it just wanted them off and text me to ask how to get them off.
I have rapidly booked in for a refresher course just in case it is me....but its knocked my confidance. My own nails certainly dont lift and my polish never moves so at a loss really!
Moan over...that feels better now!:lol:

I'm a stylist and have just returned after a break of nearly two years! My first client was a full head Highlights which the client hated and refused to let me re do. (too much warmth) my second client I shook so much I kept apologising and cut myself several times! I honestly didn't want to to back the next day! But you know what? I did and my first client was a colour correction and the client loved it and recommended me to her sister! I was on such a high that for the rest of the week my work got better and better!
I say role with the punches, it will take one happy customer to help reignite your passion, one recommendation to find your mojo, one big tip to male you feel like your top of your game! You will be your bright shiny, confident self in no time!!

Hi nailzilla. I'm a firm believer that things will always get better! And I believe that for you.

PS: love the name!

Hi, sorry your having a bad day :-( hugs

Hiya, I am new on here.
I am not a new nail tech but just returning to the business after a few years off due to divorce. Coming back to the business is hard and having a few problems with clients knocking my confidance so thought i would come on here and say hi and cheer myself up! :biggrin:

Hi and welcome :)

I'd be curious to know if clients are more demanding these days compared to your previous industry experience.

I guess my question might be a bit like asking how long a piece of string is but hey, I'm still curious lol

I'm sure it'll all work out :)

Latest posts

Back