IBD gel polish peeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy@Polished

Reaction score
hi geeks,

Could do with a little advice. I had a customer on Saturday who has come back to me today (monday) and said 2 of her nails have chipped at the free edge.

She says she hasn't done anything to make this happen and she has followed the correct aftercare, she says she has had no problems with gels before. I never have problems with peeling and always cap the free edge so can't see what I have done wrong. She says they peeled on the Saturday after I left but she didn't contact me until today and is asking for a full refund.

She is not a regular, it was a one off booking. I am very tempted to stand my ground but unsure as don't want to receive bad feedback and she is being a little rude.

Advise please!

hi geeks,

Could do with a little advice. I had a customer on Saturday who has come back to me today (monday) and said 2 of her nails have chipped at the free edge.

She says she hasn't done anything to make this happen and she has followed the correct aftercare, she says she has had no problems with gels before. I never have problems with peeling and always cap the free edge so can't see what I have done wrong. She says they peeled on the Saturday after I left but she didn't contact me until today and is asking for a full refund.

She is not a regular, it was a one off booking. I am very tempted to stand my ground but unsure as don't want to receive bad feedback and she is being a little rude.

Advise please!

I wouldn't refund. I'd Offer to redo the two that chipped.
Has she sent you a picture?

hi geeks,

Advise please!
Definitely do not refund! Offer to re do for free in this instance only though. Get a pic from her to see if any stress near the chipping areas. Most likely someone who is trying to get a free mani. If she didn't contact you straight away how can you be certain they even chipped that quickly or that she just didn't bother to follow the aftercare advice?

I would also get some powerbond as that's what I use on all clients now. Since then cases of chipping have dropped quite a lot, it's even helped the polish last longer on issue clients.

Also if she's liked your fb page, you can just block her so she can't leave a review.

Latest posts

Back