IBD Just Gel - unable to remove!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbownails

Reaction score
Hi, i am just wondering if anyone can help me. I have been using the IBD gel polish system for over 2 years and have never had any problems with removal before. IBD is the only brand that i use and i love it for it's long lasting wear and easy removal however over the last month i have been unable to soak off the gel from my clients nails. I am doing everything exactly the same as i normally would, buffing the surface to break the seal, soaking a lint free pad with acetone and then wrapping in foil for 15 minutes after which the gel just peels away. After 20 minutes with the nails wrapped in foil the gel hasn't budged at all, i have had to resort to soaking the nails in acetone and then filing the rest which i do not want to do! The whole process is taking an hour instead of my usual 15 minutes and i am really baffled as to why this is happening suddenly after 2 years of no problems! The only thing that has changed is that i have new UV bulbs in my lamp, could this be causing the gel to bond so strongly that i can't remove it? Has anybody else had the same problem? Any suggestions would be great before i resort to buying a new lamp! Xx

Hmmm I don't know what could be going on here. I havent had any problems, and I started with a brand new uv lamp so I can't imagine just using new bulbs caused this. Is it every client? I normally have to buff off the power bond as that takes on a bit of the colour. Carte Blanche is a pain to get off it reminds me of tipex. Is it all colours or just one or two? Warming the hands while they are in the wraps might help. Try warming a wheat bag in the microwave or warming mits and putting them on

I've had the same!!! Normally just starts to peel and flake off during the removal process but now it's like scraping off all powdery! And again I have to do some light filing too! Seems Wierd! I just bought a new bonder, top & base coat so have been blaming that! But who knows! Maybe they have a new formula?? xx

Hope they haven't changed formula! I have ordered all the new colours. Is it happening with colours that have previously been fine? X

Hope they haven't changed formula! I have ordered all the new colours. Is it happening with colours that have previously been fine? X

Yes mine is! That's what's making me think it's the new bonder, top or base coat I've bought?! I'm doing my own tomorrow so I'm going to experiment and use my old stuff on 1 hand and my new stuff on the other and see if there is a difference when it comes to me removing it! ;-) x

Let me know please!

Just so you know I have contacted ibd and they say there has been no formula changes. Good news for me was worried about my new season polishes! X

Hey,

Could you please contact our Education Team by calling 01827 253302 or email [email protected] if you have any problems with ibd? We are waiting to help x

Latest posts

Back