IBD UV and LED lamps discontinued

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnewMe

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I'm confused! I phoned graftons today to see about buying an ibd uv or led lamp. I was told ibd has discontinued their lamps. I asked why and was told they're discontinuing all electrical merchandise.
When I asked what lamp I should buy for ibd gel polish, they told me to just buy the little pink led lamp. I'm new to this but I do know that you should always use the lamp specific to the brand. Can anyone advise?
Also, I'm going to be using the ibd uv gel nail system so I need a uv lamp. Which one should I get? I know you can still get the ibd uv lamp if you're lucky enough to find somewhere that still has stock, but is it wise to buy something that's been discontinued? Help!!! Xx

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldn't bcoz you might not get spare parts or service back up when or if you need it.
I make sure all machines are able to be repaired or serviced by all suppliers I buy from because it happened to me before and quite costly when it goes faulty and now need buy new machine! Usually also happens at the most in convenient time !

Beauty at your finger tips!

That's what I'm worried about. Just don't want to use a lamp that's not specifically for ibd. Going to have to though I guess :-(

When I did my ibd Just Gel training I was told that my Bio Sculpture led lamp was fine. I would say a generic 36w uv lamp is fine - especially if they confirm it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use ibd products but use an led lamp from sallys. Works perfectly fine!

That makes me feel a bit better! Really been stressing about it. X

I'm know it's probably not recommended but my ibd just gel cures beautifully under my bio sculpt led lamp Xx

Glad to hear. It's not recommended but if the ibd lamps have been discontinued there's not a lot of choice :-(

I'm know it's probably not recommended but my ibd just gel cures beautifully under my bio sculpt led lamp Xx

It is recommended - I went to Grafton International for training and was told there was no problem using a generic led lamp and that my bio lamp was fine to use.

Do you think the same goes for a generic uv lamp?

I wouldn't like to say but I would give Graftons a call and ask them. If they say so then go for it.

Why dont you email ibd and ask them? Thats what I would do.

I have emailed IBD but no response yet. I'll give graftons a call again :)

Latest posts

Back