IBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try reflexology!

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling 100%.
Our now 18 year old has recently been diagosed with IBS. He is doing year 12 and it has been put down to STRESS. He's had blood tests, changed his diet and as he put it..had 1 camera down his throat and another up his bum!!:o Polypts were the only things found. They were removed and ok but he still had problems.
He has had to miss at least one camp - which stressed him out further. It is a nasty thing but unfortunately something that some have to live with. Yes, at times we all feel like:grr: but it doesn't help.
The gastro guy we went to was Fab., really explained things and put us all at ease. But our son now takes Buscopan daily and vegs out when he can..we let him sleep rather late on Saturdays. (which has seemed to help).
Hope you can figure out if something triggers your condition.
All the best. Take care & Good Luck.
xx

if i got it or not,
my stomach has never been right for years.......i get cramps and sometimes when i "go" its like i am panting like i'm going to give birth!!!! breath, pant, breath, and then feel worn out!! its defintely not constipation, or totts as some one else put it, and i dont know how to word it on here? sorry.
i dont know if that is a form of ibs? does any one else have that problem, or am i just the weardo:irked: ?

i found doing a low carb diet helped a little bit and i didnt have so much heart burn..

i am thinking of having colonic irrigation or a gut cleranse, apparently that helps???
perish the thought:!:

Hiya

do you personally think its ibs or do you think its something else. Only reason i am asking is you mention your ovaries, polycystic ovaries can occury at any time I had mine sorted out and within six months they were back
Drs told me i had IBS and it wasnt it was endometriosis if you need any more information on it or need to ask questions please see
http://www.endoaware.co.uk

Hope you feel better soon
DEbbie x

Hiya

do you personally think its ibs or do you think its something else. Only reason i am asking is you mention your ovaries, polycystic ovaries can occury at any time I had mine sorted out and within six months they were back
Drs told me i had IBS and it wasnt it was endometriosis if you need any more information on it or need to ask questions please see
http://www.endoaware.co.uk

Hope you feel better soon
DEbbie x

Hi hun, thanks for your reply, personally i do not think its ibs, i have had a look at the website you posted and looked at the 'whats endo?' and frighteningly enough my symptoms are very similar, i only get pain every so often like for instance i have no pain now but i could come back tomorrow or next month:irked: i definitely think i need a 2nd opinion, thanks again xxxxxx

Hi hun, thanks for your reply, personally i do not think its ibs, i have had a look at the website you posted and looked at the 'whats endo?' and frighteningly enough my symptoms are very similar, i only get pain every so often like for instance i have no pain now but i could come back tomorrow or next month:irked: i definitely think i need a 2nd opinion, thanks again xxxxxx

Hi Chuck,
Soooo many symtoms can all seem like IBS or endo. IBS can come & go. I don't have endo but I do have IBS & have had for 20years!
My dr's said do an elimination diet to suss out the trigger foods. What a joke that was! An inntolerance is much harder to detect than an allergy. Many many people suffer with IBS now & it's most probably what you have but do get a second opinion then if your still not sure do what I did. www.yorktest.com This website was my lifesaver. Five years ago I did a simple blood test to discover what was irritating my bowel. Hey presto MILK, WHEAT/YEAST & BEANS. Since then I cut these out from my diet & my suffering has almost gone. If under much stress it does come back but never to the extent it did. I can't rave enough about this & anyone who wants to know more please pm me. I could go on for ever about it coz it changed my whole way of life. I know that never in a million years would I of cut Milk out of my Diet without the knowledge I have now.
My Dr's don't agree with The York test but if you suffered like me & thousands of others, you'll try anything to get rid of the pain. Take a look at the website & read everyones storys. It also helps other problems eg Migranes etc.
I'll stop now before I go into major lectures about food!!!:lol:

Hope you get sorted chuck, let us know how you get on.

Hi

I posted a thread on here a few weeks a go, dont know how to do the link but I named it "wheat allergy". Have a read of it. The doctors do not offer you the chance to find out what is causing your IBS, you need to find out yourself by experiment or pay for allergy tests.

Hope you feel better hun.
xx

Hi I agree the doctors just diagnose you & say get on with it :irked:. I've had IBS for 6 yrs & at times it does control my life:cry:. They can't really do anything for it. I've tried certain tablets but found they didn't do anything. It doesn't help that I also have PCO- polysistic overaies as the symtoms of both at times can be awful. I just work on a day to day basis & hope for the best. Sorry I can't be of more help but just wanted to let you know your not on your own!!!:hug::hug:

Hi Chuck,
Soooo many symtoms can all seem like IBS or endo. IBS can come & go. I don't have endo but I do have IBS & have had for 20years!
My dr's said do an elimination diet to suss out the trigger foods. What a joke that was! An inntolerance is much harder to detect than an allergy. Many many people suffer with IBS now & it's most probably what you have but do get a second opinion then if your still not sure do what I did. www.yorktest.com This website was my lifesaver. Five years ago I did a simple blood test to discover what was irritating my bowel. Hey presto MILK, WHEAT/YEAST & BEANS. Since then I cut these out from my diet & my suffering has almost gone. If under much stress it does come back but never to the extent it did. I can't rave enough about this & anyone who wants to know more please pm me. I could go on for ever about it coz it changed my whole way of life. I know that never in a million years would I of cut Milk out of my Diet without the knowledge I have now.
My Dr's don't agree with The York test but if you suffered like me & thousands of others, you'll try anything to get rid of the pain. Take a look at the website & read everyones storys. It also helps other problems eg Migranes etc.
I'll stop now before I go into major lectures about food!!!:lol:

Hope you get sorted chuck, let us know how you get on.

I wanted to do the wheat test but found that if i cut out most of the above I wouldn't be able to eat as thats pretty much my diet!!! I know I probably should but I'm to skinny as it is so can't afford to loose weight as my docs trying to put it on me!!! I also suffer from hemipligic migraines thought now to be caused due to Lupus (which is in the family) so over all I'm a waliking demick but won't let any of the above beat me as at times it can be really hard but you just go to keep going!!:)

Hiya, I can highly recommend the 'yorktest' as well - i thought I had an intolerance to wheat for years till i did that test and it turns out I have an extreme allergy to dairy and eggs! Also, the tablets that I take (I get them on prescription or over the counter) are Ranitidine. They're little miracle-workers, you can take them when you feel the bloating/cramping starting or before you eat or drink something that you know will set you off and it doesn't even start to affect you in the first place. One of the other names it goes by is Zantac.

Good luck hun, it's a horrible thing to suffer with. xx

Hiya, I can highly recommend the 'yorktest' as well - i thought I had an intolerance to wheat for years till i did that test and it turns out I have an extreme allergy to dairy and eggs! Also, the tablets that I take (I get them on prescription or over the counter) are Ranitidine. They're little miracle-workers, you can take them when you feel the bloating/cramping starting or before you eat or drink something that you know will set you off and it doesn't even start to affect you in the first place. One of the other names it goes by is Zantac.

Good luck hun, it's a horrible thing to suffer with. xx

Hi chuck,
I'm glad to hear you did the test & found out what was the demon food! It's so hard to eliminate it yourself, where do you start!
Do you still get symtoms of IBS now?
The tablets you take, do they have wheat/yeast or Lactose in them? I've never taken any tablets & occasionally I do get a flare up of IBS. Mostly when under stress.
How long ago did you do the test & do you believe you'll be able to introduce these problem foods back into your diet at some point?
I did it 5 years ago & I'm too scared to try now!

And to the Geek who thinks her diet will be too limited without wheat etc. There is soooo many good alternatives on the market today & if you suffer pain & discomfort on a daily basis then for your own sake & sanity, do the test! I can't rave about it enough! You may not have a food intolerance & it will only cost you a simple blood test & £19.99 to find that out.

Hi Lorrie, yeah I still get IBS when I'm really stressed or overtired etc but Ranitidine usually does the trick - or if its really bad and i've got some time at home then I lie flat on the floor for half an hour till the 'wind' works its way out of my system!!

I don't think the tablets have any wheat or anything else like that in them - ask your pharmacist or doctor about them though if you have any concerns. it's not a major drug, not addictive or anything dodgy like that!!!

I try to avoid dairy and eggs at all costs, but I just love latte's and cappucino's and do occasionally have anomelette or soemthing, buti f i take a tablet before or just after i've had something that i know will set off the IBS i take a pill and i'm usually fine.

Hi Lorrie, yeah I still get IBS when I'm really stressed or overtired etc but Ranitidine usually does the trick - or if its really bad and i've got some time at home then I lie flat on the floor for half an hour till the 'wind' works its way out of my system!!

I don't think the tablets have any wheat or anything else like that in them - ask your pharmacist or doctor about them though if you have any concerns. it's not a major drug, not addictive or anything dodgy like that!!!

I try to avoid dairy and eggs at all costs, but I just love latte's and cappucino's and do occasionally have anomelette or soemthing, buti f i take a tablet before or just after i've had something that i know will set off the IBS i take a pill and i'm usually fine.

God those tabs sound great! I did a really stupid thing yesterday & paid for it lastnight! I lost about 3lb in the process so some good! I took a mouthfull of my daughters Porridge made with cows milk! I don't know what came over me, I never do daft things like that coz I know I'll pay for it.
Gona get me some tabs!!
Try your omelettes with no milk, just as nice.
Anytime you need a moan or just a chat about this subject, pm me. I feel a bit guilty talking about this on here, not being Nail related!!! :lol:
Take care chuck

Latest posts

Back