IBX causing discolouring?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it all IBX wearers that are having this effect???

No, as stated in an earlier post I have only noticed it in on two clients that use IBX, but these two are my most regular clients and come every two weeks for soak off, IBX and re application of gel polish. When they come back their nails are in perfect condition, rarely if ever any chips etc, they just don't like the growth at base of nail. I don't do anything different during application, as far as I can tell! No other regular IBX and Gelish clients have had any discolouration. It is a puzzle, but not a huge problem as both are pleased with the results from IBX!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, as stated in an earlier post I have only noticed it in on two clients that use IBX, but these two are my most regular clients and come every two weeks for soak off, IBX and re application of gel polish. When they come back their nails are in perfect condition, rarely if ever any chips etc, they just don't like the growth at base of nail. I don't do anything different during application, as far as I can tell! No other regular IBX and Gelish clients have had any discolouration. It is a puzzle, but not a huge problem as both are pleased with the results from IBX!

Well, that is just odd, but thank goodness it is not on everyone!!! Happy that all are enjoying the benefits of IBX!

If its not happening to all your clients then I'd guess its something they're doing, either a product at home or work ie; hand wash! or something they're not doing iel; taking care to use oil or gloves.

I guess new products can only be tested to a certain degree and under certain conditions, every eventuality can only happen when it goes out to the public.

I hope you get to the bottom of it.

Karaxxx

Just wanted to say that I also have 2 clients that have had discoloration from the IBX as well. You can see where the new growth is the normal nail color but the treated area is pinkish. 1 client is regular polish (basecoat, light colors by opi or nubar, and topcoat) 1 client uses gelish gel polish. All steps are followed to the letter. I cleanse with cnd scrubfresh. I have emailed Linda @ famous names to let her know. I will be sending pics when I see the clients next.

8ujutyty.jpg
8y2ujyza.jpg

These are two photos of the discolouration one of my clients is experiencing. The photo with both hands is from two weeks ago. The client was having soak off, IBX and Gelish reapplication every 2 weeks. I have decided to go to IBX every 4 weeks to see if that helps prevent discolouration. The picture with one hand is from yesterday, the discolouration is still visible. I guess it will have to grow out?

Has anyone else found soak off takes a little longer on IBX clients also?

Latest posts

Back