Ice queen make up request-advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cas_star

Reaction score
Hi

A friend of mine is celebrating her 21st birthday and is going to her fancy dress party as the ice queen. I have been sent the following picture from her and asked to recreate it. Please can anyone advise what I can use to get the glitter to stick to her face please xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1410903222.903312.jpg

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks

Claire

I've seen crystal tattoos in ellisons. Would something like that work?

I'm not a makeup geek, but something like Ben Nye Glitter glue may be helpful. You'd need to check it was ok to use on the face.

My non-pro version was Stargazer glitter glue.

Sure someone will be able to advise of the correct pro product for you!

Looks like a chunky glitter, you can get different sized glitter from craft type websites, you need to be careful though as a lot are not suitable for round eyes etc , I'd use a mixing medium or glitter glue as mentioned above

Ben Nye glitter glue is great! I've been using it for years and never had a problem!

Lit glit is brilliant for this x

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

I could be wrong but I think the ben nye glitter glue is not eye safe. I might have some so I'll check.

Spirit gum or eyelash glue might be good.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you are using glue then I would suggest you use a washable glue as standard body glue is not suitable on the face. This is mainly due to the fact it lasts approx 7 days and needs alcohol (or similar) to remove. Facade bodyart sells washable glue and cosmetic grade glitters that are suitable for use on the face.

BODY GLUE - Facade Bodyart Supplies - (Powered by CubeCart)

Do not use craft or nail glitters on the face. They can cause damage to the eye due to the shape of the individual pieces. They may also cause a skin reaction and transfer colour :/ Your insurance is unlikely to cover you if you are using not for purpose products.

Cosmetic grade Mylar flakes are great for this type of look too. I recommend you use a setting spray on final design to minimise glitter loss :)

Latest posts

Back