Ideal size for a beauty room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephib

Reaction score
I'm looking for a bit of advice...

I am opening up a beauty salon and I would like opinions on whether you think 9 by 6 ft is an ok size for a beauty room? I would be renting it out and looking for someone that can do waxing, massage, facial etc. Would you be put off by this size of room? Is their an ideal size?

Thanks

Can you get a beauty couch in the room and work around it? Also is there room for your client to put there coat and belongings?

Lisa 😃

Way back when when I was looking for a space things that mattered to me...

Yes. Size is important.
Storage for supplies.
Water source.
Lighting.

I would of said 9ft x 6ft is pretty tight for anything. Nail desk at a push but it is a bit cosy.

My room is 6x10 and we have a cupboard at one end, and the door at the other. there is just enough room for a couch, a chair in the corner with a hook above for clients, and for a stool. I also have 2 smallish trolleys in there. You could only go any smaller if you had storage elsewhere - it is pretty tight for us, but we do have a large nail/reception area, so the treatment rooms really are for treatments if that makes sense!

Vicki x

This is my room not massive but it works not sure on size

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1396357840697.jpg
    1396357840697.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 690
Thanks very much for all your replies - very helpful!

Jojo77 the size of your room looks perfect - any idea on size? These rooms would just be used for treatments too, there will be nail desks out front in the salon, just want to make sure its comfortable enough for the client!

I will measure tomorrow . I also have my nail desk out in the hair salon . :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Great thank you 😃

Mines about that size and it works just fine have a waxing trolley and shelves storage In there too - I don't do massage though just waxing lashes etc hope this helps x

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1396420908458.jpg
    1396420908458.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 452
What was the size of the room??

Latest posts

Back