If you don't ask you don't get ,so ........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but I guess anyone could SAY they are.
There isn't any fool proof way of making sure they are licensed or not. Except by making them put in their License number and then The Geek would have to do a background check on them to make sure the License number is valid.
Which is time consuming and quite a task at hand.

If you pay attention to the posts to what they ask and how they ask. You can tell at times if this person is just fibbing on their profile that they are actually a Nail/Hair/ Skin Tech or if they are a housewife looking for information to DIY. Sometimes they trip themselves up in their inquiries. :wink2:

If you pay attention to the posts to what they ask and how they ask. You can tell at times if this person is just fibbing on their profile that they are actually a Nail/Hair/ Skin Tech or if they are a housewife looking for information to DIY. Sometimes they trip themselves up in their inquiries. :wink2:

:eek:

In my experience, it seems to be the 'housewives' who actually go and qualify.. whether it be a short course or a better known course... I have come across DIY'ers on here and they were young single women!

I think the idea of ticking a box to say if you are not trained, in training or already trained is a brilliant idea and would help a lot when replying to posts. :)

:eek:

In my experience, it seems to be the 'housewives' who actually go and qualify.. whether it be a short course or a better known course... I have come across DIY'ers on here and they were young single women!

Opps! Here is a problem between different countries language barriers. In your country yes there are quite a few. But not as many here in the states.
LOL didn't mean to refer it as "housewives" per se. I realize there are alot of homemakers on here that are qualified (licensed). Housewives over here in the states refers to those who do not have a career and stay home and clean, cook and take care of the children , not bringing in a income.

I will stop now before I get into deep hot water here.

Please forgive my ignorance in posting.:|

Just bumping this up. Perhaps if enough of us ask for it, we might be given it!

How many of you have a read a filled in profile and are still unsure whether or not that person is in training,trained or not trained at all ?

Has it lead to confusion when offering a reply ?

Would you reply differently to someone with no training,than to someone you think has had / or is in training ?

I have noticed on many occasion it's not until page 2 or 3 it comes the light that the thread starter is not in training iykwim.

Now i know the boss is reall busy :wink2: and has made some fab changes of late,but :eek: maybe an option to tick for not trained,training and trained would be really useful when reply to folks.

Like i said if you don't ask you don't get,what do you think geeks,would it benefit or am i peeing in the wind :lol: ?

Thanks all x

Good idea.
I have a list of what I am qualified to do in my profile, it only takes a minute or so but it's worth keeping it up to date for other geeks to know.

Latest posts

Back