ILAH brows, has anyone done the course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmySingo

Reaction score
Hi i do my ILAH brows training in feb and was just wondering the difference between these and the HD brows. HD is out of my price range atm :( and also what you do on the actual course?

I did. It was brutal and in my opinion a complete waste of my time and money. I already did tinting and waxing and it was exactly the same thing, nothing different except you use stencils to apply the tint and product. I offered the treatment for a while but dropped it soon after because the eyebrow powder products You use afterwards were crap and the whole technique was terrible, I get better results from a wax and tint.
Sorry to be a debby downer after you've booked your course but I wish someone had told me before I did it.

On the actual course you work in pairs, they talk you through the theory, then demonstrate on a model, then you work in pairs. For the treatment you get the client to pick from a few stencils which eyebrow shape they'd like. Place the stencil over the eyebrow, apply the tint over it. Leave for about 15 mins (they recommend you do an Indian head massage during this time but don't actually show you any Indian head techniques?!). Remove tint, wax, thread and tweeze around the tinted shape. Fill in gaps with their terrible eyebrow powder. And that's it really.

I did this training through an employer last year. To be honest, threading was the only new thing I learnt. As has been said above, sorry to put it down now you've booked it but the lady who taught us was more concerned with telling us about the crisis in Gaza. She showed us pictures of the devastation and told us all we should sign some petition or go to a march in protest or something like that. She also told us how awful certain celebrities were that she had treated. Personally I don't think it was worth the time we spent doing it. Found it EXTREMELY unprofessional. Sorry again! It may be different now, this was over a year ago.

Latest posts

Back