IMATS London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjmand

Reaction score
Hey I'm going this year has anyone been? Going? Any tips etc excited :D

I am definitely going! Beyond excited, this will be my xmas morning!!! Never been before so no idea what to expect, other than i've started saving all my tips from clients to be my spendies!!! xx

I am definitely going! Beyond excited, this will be my xmas morning!!! Never been before so no idea what to expect, other than i've started saving all my tips from clients to be my spendies!!! xx

Me to been on you tube watching videos I'm over excited wooohooo

I'm going too and I cannot wait. Reading all the tweets about the LA IMATS this weekend has got me even more excited.
I went for the first time in 2011 and it was madness but good madness though :D.
A few things I have learned from my first experience are:
- Dress for comfort. It's heaving with people and you will be walking about all day as there is so much to see. It gets extremely hot and there's nothing worse than being all done up, boiling hot, grumpy and uncomfortable.
- Pack lightly. You don't need to take a huge bag with you it will only get in the way. When you first go in you get a big shopping bag to put all of your purchases in and you can get others if needed. It also means you don't need to worry that somebody might be in your bag. I'm paranoid that way haha but maybe that's just me.
- It helps to have an idea of specific things you are after. You can aim to get these first before big queues begin or things start to sell out.
- Make sure you remember your camera. I got very snap happy the last time. There is so much going on and so much inspiration around.
- Take some business cards. You never know who you are going to meet and it's a great chance to network.
- Set a budget. It's so easy to get carried away and buy a bunch of stuff you will never use and don't really want.
-Make time to sit in on some of the talks. I didn't do this the last time I went and I was gutted that I missed some really talented pros talking.
-Take water and something to eat. The location for London has changed this year so things may be different but the other year there was only one place to buy food and drink and it was stupidly expensive. The water also helps for when you are very hot.

I'm all excited and ready to go :D!! I wish it was June already!!!

Last edited:
I'm going too and I cannot wait. Reading all the tweets about the LA IMATS this weekend has got me even more excited.
I went for the first time in 2011 and it was madness but good madness though :D.
A few things I have learned from my first experience are:
- Dress for comfort. It's heaving with people and you will be walking about all day as there is so much to see. It gets extremely hot and there's nothing worse than being all done up, boiling hot, grumpy and uncomfortable.
- Pack lightly. You don't need to take a huge bag with you it will only get in the way. When you first go in you get a big shopping bag to put all of your purchases in and you can get others if needed. It also means you don't need to worry that somebody might be in your bag. I'm paranoid that way haha but maybe that's just me.
- It helps to have an idea of specific things you are after. You can aim to get these first before big queues begin or things start to sell out.
- Make sure you remember your camera. I got very snap happy the last time. There is so much going on and so much inspiration around.
- Take some business cards. You never know who you are going to meet and it's a great chance to network.
- Set a budget. It's so easy to get carried away and buy a bunch of stuff you will never use and don't really want.
-Make time to sit in on some of the talks. I didn't do this the last time I went and I was gutted that I missed some really talented pros talking.
-Take water and something to eat. The location for London has changed this year so things may be different but the other year there was only one place to buy food and drink and it was stupidly expensive. The water also helps for when you are very hot.

I'm all excited and ready to go :D!! I wish it was June already!!!

Oh you have me all excited now can't wait :D thanks for advice

I really REALLY want to go, I just have to work out if I can make the date.

Just saw this post!

Does anybody know who is the best to visit at the show as it will be my 1st time going aswell :D

Hi guys, I'm looking for advanced make up artist courses this year so would this show be somewhere I might find informations at? Never attended this event but it looks fun!

I'm going as well, actually too:] excited! seeing London itself will be pretty cool :D :green:

Latest posts

Back