iMix polish mixer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Just thought I'd add an update as I found this review when I was searching for imix reviews as I was thinking of getting one. I had a TGB Juliet I hadn't used for a while and it had really separated. I didn't want to replace it due to cost and it potentially happening again and found the imix. After reading the above I was really hesitant but finally went ahead.
I think it is amazing. I had to cycle the Juliet through about 10 times in total, maybe even more, but it is like new again so I'm really happy. I've tested it on a few of my gels now so thought I'd let you know how it went.
TGB gels - works great, builder gels require more cycles but end up great too. TGB bottles must be the thickest as it is hardest to get the magnet out and almost impossible on the thicker / glitter / builder gels. I have to put the stick right in sometimes to get it back out again. If I wipe the stick and magnet off on the sides I reduce the product loss as much as possible and clean with alcohol and wipes. I don't leave the magnets in any of them so haven't had any brush problems and it comes with a pack of 10 which will really be plenty as they are fully reusable when cleaned off.
Magpie / Nailchemy / CJP / Glitterbels gels - does an excellent job and the magnet comes out easy, no problems.
P+ gels - I have found these are like glass to apply after mixing and self level out lovely - really impressed with these. The magnet comes out easily but there is a ball bearing in these bottles (old style black bottles) and it's really hard to separate the magnet and ball bearing without making a mess so this is the product I lose the most from.
Light elegance gels in pots - also no issues and really easy to remove the magnet although slightly messy trying to remove product from the magnet.
I find it makes a real difference to some of my glitters in bottles which are easier to apply and less clumpy after mixing.
I always struggle with light polishes - for example Honey and Almond from TGB I don't seem to be able to apply without streaks so I gave all my lights a good mix and although the problem has improved I still get streaks which is most likely an application problem by me rather than anything negative about the polishes.
I also tried it on my MoYou stamping polishes - it took a lot of mixing for the neons which seemed to have white separation but would eventually mix back to one colour. I did a few that hadn't separated to test and swatched before and after mixing. It would have been plenty pigmented to use without mixing but there is definitely a colour shade / depth / pigment improvement after mixing in the ones I have mixed.
So - if - like me you cannot be bothered struggling with shaking polishes you haven't used for a while the Imix is great. It is very quiet and now if I haven't used a colour for a while I'll give it a mix before using, and if it has been recently mixed I find a normal shake by hand is sufficient.
I have found it to be a really useful investment for me and it has saved my Juliet and is a great tool. I also have found that it is possible to leave the brushes out completely whilst mixing which means the brush isn't being damaged. I just wipe off the brush before removing from the bottle and pop it back in when I have removed the magnet. I did a batch of gels in the evening once and lost the magnet in a gel bottle. Waving the gels over the imix unit revealed a pull from the bottle it was in so that was solvable too.
Hope this helps anybody else looking for a review. :D

Latest posts

Back