In a Dilemma!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trudy35

Reaction score
Hi

I'm in a bit of a dilemma, I completed a 2 day Gel Nail Tech course in Star Nails back in April. The course was good as there was only myself and another girl on the training, so there was no real pressure on either days and it also meant we got one to one tution on both days. I have been practising on a nail trainer and have done a few sets of tips and some overlays, but I haven't really got back into it for a few weeks now as three of my friends tips fell off before she went on holiday and my overlays on my other friend seem to keep peeling off...but I'm not sure if thats her or me..as she the first time she went and did decorating and gardening the day after and they all peeled off and this time round she broke two of her nails and then started picking at them...but she hasn't asked me since to do another set of overlays. So I've got a bit dishearted with the whole thing!!:cry:

The other things is I'd have to go back and complete two assessments one with the tutor and then if I'm up to stratch go back again for the actual exam with an outside examiner. But I've emailed the tutor twice now to re-arrange a day as we both couldn't make the date the first time I contacted her. But she hasn't bothered responding to my recent emails and I don't know if this means she just can't be bothered with me now as it has been so long or she's ignoring me or has she just forgot.

So I'm wondering whether to now just start again and complete a beginners course with Bio Sculpture or Calgel...but I'm a bit aprehesive as it will be a bigger group and I don't want to look stupid if I get things wrong.

Please HELP me..

I would not give up just yet still try and get in touch with her as your course is not yet complete. Does she work on behalf of star nails as and educator? You could try giving the company a call. Most companies have educators that offer 121 training so if you have no joy this might be your next option but make sure you choose a company that offer help after your training. LeChat offer all of the above plus they have an large line of gels, soak off and buff off which are really easy to use, durable and natural looking.

Thanks for your advice!

Hon I would def get onto them again, call the office and maureen should help you. I did my original training with them but later switched to creative. They were very supportive on my course and said if we ever needed help call them straight away, so def keep at them. Good luck

Hi, if you do attend another training course, you dont have to tell them that you have had previous training, therefore you wouldnt have any idea at all. goodluck

Latest posts

Back