In effect immediately in California.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucia Etch

Reaction score
In effect immediately the board has the right to remove/take a license from a licensee due to the fact he/she is not following the rules mainly with manicures and pedicures, including enhancements.
This will take effect from the date the violation is made for exactly one year.
What I’m trying to say is we don’t/won’t get a second chance or a fine, if they feel that we are a threat to the general public the license will be taken.

You know, I’m so sick of people saying they didn’t know, or that they are just to busy to clean their implements. With all the infectious disease floating around why would they want to take the time to sanitize?
Staph infection (just one of many gross infections) is all over the place, the information has been published in the local newspapers, T.V. and trade magazines.

I’m fed up, and apparently so is the board.
The fines being issued right now are in the $1000’s, (dollars per salon/spa or other fancy named nail joint) you would think that would wake up these so-called professionals.

Last edited:
I hope other states will follow the lead of California. Unfortunately, it's those disgusting shops that make all nail techs look bad. Sometimes you have to make an example out of some, for others to listen. Hear, hear California; I support that!

I'm glad they are doing this. Some of these places here in Cali(bay area) are so dirty I advise my family not to go to them.

Latest posts

Back